Movie Poster Calendar Page Envelopes

I set out to make a few more calendar page envelopes this afternoon and…got carried away.

These are from the Movie Posters 2013 calendar. Theme-wise, it’s the least-forgiving calendar I’ve ever used for this kind of thing. Normally I’m working with scenes that work pretty much however you orient/cut into them and that don’t have text. So some of them are a bit awkward:

Some favorites:

Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

These are great… whoever you wind up sending them to is going to love them!

1 Like

They’re wonderful! I think the wonky is one of the best things about them!

1 Like

I like it when they are cut off and in an interesting orientation. I think these are fantastic.

2 Likes

Be still my heart…that Empire envelope. :star_struck:

1 Like

These are great! I agree that the wonkiness just adds to the fun!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I’m fond of (Fonda?) all of them in their own ways. And this experiment has shown me I can work with these kinds of calendars – which is good, because I’ve moved away from scenic calendars in the last few years.

That one is definitely the best in terms of getting the absolute best of the image I could. I may have to address it on the back…

1 Like

Love these! Such a smart idea. I may have to copy it.

2 Likes

Well, lookie here! :heart_eyes_cat: Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

Woohoo! The force is strong, I guess :laughing:.

If memory serves, a version of this is one of the first things I stumbled across on Craftster eons ago :purple_heart:. I have no idea who the OP was, but the idea was that you then use the thumbnails on the back of the calendar on a set of coordinating cards.

1 Like