COMPLETE Mug Rug Swap (signup 7/12-7/19; send outs 8/23)

Both tea and coffee, depending on mood!

1 Like

My mug rug is all packed up and just waiting for the postal carrier to take it away!

2 Likes

First part of my mug rug is done. On to the next step.

2 Likes

I ripped out part and redid it today and I’m much happier with it now! Should be able to get it mailed early this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

COOKIES!

I made a non-brilliant move. Fingers crossed I can work it out!

2 Likes

Everyone was so productive over the weekend! I managed to sort my fabric pile and select fabrics, but that’s as far as I got. :sweat_smile:

Since we have a package on it’s way, here’s the GALLERY!

Check in question: August is vacation month in my office. Someone is on vacation every week! We are headed to the Jersey Shore next week. Anyone else have any vacation plans (large or small) for the summer?

4 Likes

No real vacation plans, but I am skipping out on work one day to go to Tangier Island.

1 Like

No vacation plans. Just more social distancing while Delta spreads throughout the South. :pensive:

3 Likes

We just spent a weekend in the Berkshires, but no set plans for the rest of August.

3 Likes

I did my top last night! Currently staring at one spot trying to decide if it bugs me enough to redo…

2 Likes

Been there!

1 Like

My dad’s people are from Tangier Island. I haven’t been in ages. Of the ~1000 people in the US with my last name I’d say most live or came from Tangier.

For people who don’t know - Tangier Island is in the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. They were pretty secluded for a long time. You can only get there by ferry. And they developed a unique accent.

5 Likes

In July we spent two weeks on the island of Texel in the Netherlands.

I’ve been struggling with swap anxiety recently and I still can’t decide what to make. Too many ideas and the feeling that I can’t realize any of them :see_no_evil: Maybe I just have to sit down and stop thinking :thinking:

3 Likes

No vacation for me, but I am getting really excited to FINALLY actually move into my new apartment next Monday! I’ve been really busy packing and hauling stuff around for that, so I haven’t made much progress on the mug rug yet, but I did finally gather all the supplies I needed, so that’s a start!

4 Likes

I definitely had to look up Tangier Island! So interesting about the accent. I couldn’t understand the one guy when he started speaking in the video!

This is usually me. That’s part of why I just bought a pattern when the swap closed. No turning back (though I almost did!), lol. Yes, just starting something usually helps me tune into creativity so I stop overthinking. You will get there!

Awesome @roler! Happy moving!

2 Likes

That’s so interesting! It would be cool to trace your roots to such a specific spot.

1 Like

My mug rug is out for delivery to @MistressJennie. Let the swap anxiety commence. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just finished! And then I realize that I need to:

1. Take a photo
  2. Make a card
  3. Find packaging
  4. Find the address (because I forgot to bookmark it)
  5. Package it all up
  6. Go to the post office in 95-degree weather…maybe tomorrow.

OK, the temperature changes, but the other things are always after the “I’m Done!” announcement. Will I ever learn?

2 Likes

Everyone is coming on vacations to me this year! Well, weekends away anyway :grin: I’m living having room to have guests, I’ve never been able to before

3 Likes

I’m a teacher, so, after a nice long vacation, I’m heading back to work.

I was able to fix my mistake. Always, ALWAYS check how material reacts to marking tools, even if you’ve never had a problem getting a mark out of plain old quilting cotton before :grimacing:

3 Likes