Mushroom house prayer flag

I saw a free pattern on pinterest for a cute little mushroom house quilt block by Artisania and wanted to try it but I didn’t actually want to print it out and do all the fiddly papery bits. I just eye-balled it instead, I wasn’t sure if that would work out but it turned out just fine. I remember being utterly baffled by paper piecing the first time I made something but I get it now.

I didn’t really have a plan for it but small daughter wanted it to be a flag for her room so it’s backed in tiny gingham and framed with wool felt.

14 Likes

The fabric makes it look like a moody, mushroom windmill.

Your eyeballs are not my eyeballs! But I’m proud of your skill!!

:metal:

3 Likes

All this mushroom cuteness is just killing me! That is wonderful!

4 Likes

so cute! Someone is on a mushroom roll…

Did you like the paper piecing? I love it when it is not too tiny…

2 Likes

I do like the look of paper piecing but I don’t enjoy all the sewing through paper and tearing it away. This was much easier, to imagine how the shapes needed to go together and just working with the fabric without the paper. I was surprised at how easily I did it, I think all those years of pattern drafting really help your brain wrap itself around the shapes going together.
I made another one, with the gnome pattern also offered free from that blog. I’ll show ya later :wink:

3 Likes

Because I don’t quilt or anything like that I didn’t realize paper piecing involved actual paper. Lol. Just thought it was a term for a specific type of quilting images.

2 Likes

Yes Ma’am. It’s clear you get paper piecing. I love how whimsical and fun it is.

1 Like

So fun!!!

1 Like

This is adorable! I love the bit of wonkiness of the design with the crisp colors and seams.

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

That is so incredibly cute!! Such skills you have!! :mushroom: :star_struck:

1 Like

This is so charming, I just love it. It is hard to believe you just eye-balled it!

1 Like

Twice! I made 2. I am going to try it with another design. I’m going to design a pattern too, a complicated one, & try it with that as well. I think my brain has a handle on how these things go together. If I don’t think about it too much I can just do it!

1 Like

Adorbs! Is that shibori fabric for the sky? It couldn’t be more perfect.

1 Like

Ahhh it’s so cute!! Impressively eyeballed!

1 Like