My coin purse is looking at you!

I go to the laundromat every couple of weeks and have a few little coin purses I’ve made to organize the coins. The issue i have is that they all take up too much room! I need a little slot to hold some post it flags and maybe a bill or two plus the coins for that day. Hanako Handicraft on You Tube put out a video this week for a coin purse that fit my needs!

Finished piece:

The fabrics!

I used Tula Pinks getting snippy for the outside

My deco flowers print for the inside

And vintage hawaiian for the pocket

The snaps I got at Daiso and don’t require tools so lets see how long they last!

23 Likes

It’s adorable! L :hearts: VE those fabrics, and how large the purse opens when it’s unfastened.

3 Likes

Its about 2 inches tall and it is big enough to put a credit card in the little pocket

2 Likes

This is so cute and looks so practical for your needs!

2 Likes

I love that site! This coin purse is so practical because you can see everything if you sit it on the counter! I hate digging in a pocket for a coin!!

Love the mix of fabrics! I have some of those snaps…they seem pretty secure!

5 Likes

What a great little pouch!

2 Likes

the choice of fabrics is just fire :fire:

2 Likes

I love that it is boxy when you open it so much! Yay! Great job.

2 Likes

This coin purse is awesome! And I love your fabric choices!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, what a genius little purse! I have to make it. Your fabric choices are so fantastic too. Great project!

I’ve never heard of daiso but I’d sure like to find some of those snaps. I don’t have a snap setting rig & have had no luck with the kinds I’ve tried.

3 Likes

Daiso is a Japanese “dollar” store. At the stores in Japan, everything is 150 yen. They were $1.50 until recently here in America, they just upped the base price to $1.75. There is a store about 3 blocks from where I live here in LA.

These were super easy to use. I’m curious how long the snap will function.

3 Likes

That scissor fabric is amazing and it was just the right size to showcase on the coin pouch. I, too, love that when you open it, you can see everything. No more fishing around because you know you had another nickel in there but you keep pulling out the dime. Ha!

3 Likes

Thanks! Tula Pink is one of my favorite fabric designers - she always has interesting items mixed into her patterns.

1 Like

What a cute and clever design! and great fabric choices :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the expandable-ness of it!

1 Like

:basket: :scissors: :purse: Congratulations! Your stitch-tastic project has been Featured this week! :thread: :purse: :basket:

1 Like

thank you!!

1 Like

Daiso in Australia recently went from $2.80 → $3.10 per item. Hasn’t stopped me shopping there :stuck_out_tongue:

I love how your pouch opens flat to a little bucket, very cool!

1 Like

Did you plan for it to be looking at you, cuz that is pretty sweet. I like how it folds out into a box! My friend took her quarters for the laundromat in a ziploc bag… this is much more stylish. I think I had a simple change purse that I used. I didn’t mind it because I would get a lot of coursework finished while waiting for my laundry, although if I was really tired the hum of the machines only made it worse.
I checked, no Daiso in Denver, although there appears to be something similar called Fucj?

1 Like

Have not heard of Fucj but will google! Looks like all the Tokyo Central supermarkets here in LA are being turned into Don Quixotes!!! Make me stupid happy. I love DonQui!