My first two leather wrap bracelets, and bonus clip board!

I made some leather wrap bracelets!!! I’ve recently started wearing jewelry again and am currently obsessed with decorating my wrists :laughing: So I decided to teach myself how to make leather wrap bracelets :grin: Here are my first two attempts, along with a bonus clip-board craft! :partying_face:

I’ll link to the beads I bought as they come up and I used a combo of this YouTube tutorial and this one that @AIMR shared in the Use it or Lose it thread :slight_smile:

Bracelet #1 is made with purple tourmaline and grey map jasper beads that are 6mm round, 2mm leather cord, magnetic clasp, and some heavy duty thread. I definitely learned a LOT while making it!

Bracelet #2 is soooooo, so, sooooooo much better than #1! Made with these gorgeous 4mm Botswana stone beads, 2mm leather cord, magnetic clasp, and heavy duty thread.

My first bracelet looked so messy with the clasp sewn on… so I tried to hide this one behind and extra loop and knot, it kinda worked :wink:

Here they are side-by-side, laying flat… Can you guess why I “made” a clipboard? :sweat_smile: …the tutorials both mention using a clipboard, but apparently there aren’t any in our house… so I improvised for bracelet #2

And here are some bonus pictures of #2 because I love it so much :heart_eyes:

Thanks for looking! :kissing_heart:

23 Likes

You did great with both! Those little square beads are really sweet though, I like the pink-ish bits.

1 Like

I LOVE them!!! I was going to pair them with a different set of beads but I thought they looked too good on their own :heart:

They both turned out really pretty! I do love the double beaded one, though!

I learned how to do a sliding knot closure just for these bracelets as well, but my favorites are the ones that you slip a bead through a loop, like yours!

The possibilities are endless…and you get jewelry that will be unique just for you!

2 Likes

Great job! Are you hooked on making them now? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes! :grin: They are fun and portable enough that I can craft while the kiddo plays :tada:

2 Likes

Really beautiful!

1 Like

These are fantastic! I can’t wait for my beads to arrive so I can make one too :hugs:
I do love them both :yum:

1 Like

Wow! I think you’re a natural with these!

2 Likes

These came out great! I do love the double one with the hidden clasp. I imagine you’ll just get better and better from here!

2 Likes

These are beautiful and coordinate so well.

2 Likes

Very pretty! Most of the ones I’ve seen before had black cord; I like your light-cord versions much better. They look very airy and modern.

1 Like

Beautiful work my friend!

1 Like

:heart: :thread: :scissors: Congratulations! Your beautiful bracelets are a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :thread: :heart:

1 Like

Wow! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like