My G Rated Attempt at Snarky Cards

I made two sets of snarky cards for the OWS. I wanted to make them snarky without using curse words… so I hope they did the trick :sweat_smile:

“oh hi, here’s a card for some reason”

“This card is FANCY (did you see the lace?)”

They both used gelli print scraps that were just the right size! I wanted to make each set different than the other but couldn’t get over how good I thought the masterboard strips and layouts looked on the firs set so I did the fancy cards the same way and then added lace.

I wanted the first set to feel like someone just slapped it together without much thought so the font looks pretty but I purposefully didn’t capitalize anything. I also think it’s funny to have a card “for some reason” instead of getting specific, almost like the sender couldn’t be bothered to remember :joy: Anyway, here are some closer up pics of the first set:

I like the idea of a card that tells you it’s fancy :sweat_smile: The sentiment (if you can call it that in this instance) is printed on shiny paper too, that makes it even MORE fancy :star2: :rofl:

Thanks for looking! :kissing_heart:

24 Likes

Love this! And yes, metallic anything immediately makes it fancy, nevermind the lace.

I grabbed a 40th card the other day and as was the only one I could find that was suitably gender neutral, didn’t check the price and was shocked to see at the check out that it was $6. It was a plain, flat card, but the balloons were silver.

2 Likes

I think they are clever and a tad snarky but in a good way!

Lace fancies up just about anything…what a great sentiment and card!

1 Like

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the fancy cards in the OWS thread :joy:

2 Likes

These are hysterical! G-rated snarky is fun… it takes some real imagination sometimes!

1 Like

Great choice on keeping the design layout the same, it works so well! The snark makes me smile :blush:. I can already imagine the first line I’d wrote in the fancy card - ‘Nothing but the best for you!’ :smile:

3 Likes

How… FANCY! :laughing:

1 Like

Love the wholesome snark!

3 Likes

Fun and snarky in the sweetest way possible.

4 Likes

Great cards! Your gelli prints are so, so cool.

1 Like

I love these, especially “this card is fancy,” lol!

3 Likes

:heart: :scissors: :love_letter: Congrats! Your beautiful G Rated Snarky Cards are a Featured Project this week! :love_letter: :scissors: :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

these are hilarious
:smiley:

2 Likes

Rein, these are hilarious. The sentiments are so perfect for the random funny goofy happy mail that gets sent around here. Love them.

3 Likes