Narwhal stuffy

My friend asked me to make this for her back in June and I got halfway done and chucked it in because the pattern frustrated me :crazy_face: I finally picked it up again over Christmas and put the eyes on tonight.

Pattern can be found here (page name coincidental, but not mine!) http://www.crochetwithmelanie.com/2019/02/narwhal-stuffy-free-crochet-pattern.html?m=1

20 Likes

That’s adorable … glad you finished it.

1 Like

I love this! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It’s very cute! What did you find frustrating about the pattern? I found this kit in my stocking from our Auntie, it was really simple. The flippers and tail were separate and had to be added on though.

1 Like

Thanks @Magpie! The pattern told me to add the eyes and stuff before the decrease was too small but the pattern has the tail as part of the body and is not symmetrical down the body either, so the eyes ended up in the complete wrong spot. So I pulled it all apart and put it back in the project bag. I ended up making the body and then adding the fins and horn and doing the eyes right at the end so I could place them where I wanted them.

Yours looks like it will be so cute!

1 Like

Oh, that does sound awkward. I suppose that was to save you having to stitch things on after the fact and hide yarn ends. I think I’d rather assemble pieces at the end, it’s not that difficult. The pattern I had used beads for the eyes so not child safe but still cute & certainly I have loads of beads in my stash for repeats!

I’ve had that problem with a lot of Ami patterns. I agree with your approach to add them later so you can see where they go. This turned out super cute. I love the electric blue color you used. Makes him or her extra fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He’s super cute. Good job on busting a little bit of your stash!

1 Like

My BIL loves all things narwhal, and since I haven’t given him his Christmas gift yet, I might have to add one of these into the mix! Thanks for sharing what your struggles were so I know what to watch out for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

GAH! He’s so so cute.

1 Like

That is so sweet!

1 Like

Finally finishing something is awesome :smiley: glad you didn’t give up because it’s so adorable :smiley:

1 Like