2020 DeStash-Along

Not very much snow, but bucketloads of rain!

Bring it.

8 Likes

My embroidery stash is organised-ish at least… The baggies keep it from becoming all tangled up.

10 Likes

I live at the beach…70-80 degrees…ha ha ha…organizing is not my issue…it is staying that way!!!

I decided to start my destash in my fabric scraps bin. I made a lot of fabric rope, and I have woven it into a this wreath. My next step will be to embellish it.

1 Like

My first finished destash is this Narwhal stuffy. My friend asked me to make it for her and I had yarn in the right weights and colours she liked. I also had the polyfill, just had to get some eyes. So it’s 99% stash… two little button eyes hardly even count right?

Now to make 49 more stuffies to use up the eye stash…

4 Likes

I also worked up a wee stuffie from stash. I had to improvise eyes as I have no eyeball stash- jealous! lol

1 Like

You made very nice eyes!!
In needle felting you often see eyes that have been created from the fiber instead of buttons, beads or actual glass/acrylic eyes. They can be just as effective and bring a lot of character to a piece! >^…^<

1 Like

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Destash project for January - polka dots!

This is a pot holder I made today for my Aunty. All from stash. The scrap of giant cotton ricrac I used for a hanging loop is a bit big, but it was the only thing I had in a matching colour, so in the spirit of destashing, it’ll do just fine :seedling:

17 Likes

That is really cute.

1 Like

Ohhh I really, really like that!
I am thinking I could modify a pocket on the back to make it a pot holder? I need new ones of those. The kids are always ruining them, they are messy cooks! Do I want them destroying my beautiful new hand made leafy beauties a la @jemimah? Maybe not. But I could choose dark colours, right?

2 Likes

You could totally add a pocket! My Aunty just wanted a single pad, but a pocket would be a great mod. I have prepped a pattern for this, happy to share :smiley:

1 Like

Really? That is incredibly generous of you my friend. I would love that.

1 Like

Cool - I hope it’s OK with you, I added your great pocket idea as an optional mod to the pattern. I’m scanning it now, and will start a thread :smiley:

3 Likes

Of course, that is perfect!

Choose food colors - the foods your kids are particularly messy cooking! :wink: Like scorched tomato sauce.
OR
Hide them for your own personal use and make them in your favorite gorgeous color(s).

5 Likes

I’m a little late to the party, but I need this craft-along this year!

Gorgeous leafy pot holder, Jemimah!

1 Like

Lovely!

I constantly need potholders because I use them to set hot plates on them on the counter since I really don’t have a table or anywhere else to use. Since I am renting, I do not want to accidentally burn or stain the counters!

I will head over to your tutorial…I know I have some stuff that I bought to make hot potato bags and then had a reality check…I really don’t eat that many microwaved potatoes…

I need to see if I can find this color in fabric…ha ha ha

2 Likes

7 Likes