First time posting a topic. Here goes.
Needle Felted Rockhopper Penguin in it’s habitat:
Son had a school project to present an animal, it’s habitat and show adaptation for said habitat.
He wanted something larger then a figurine but to still be able to show details. After discussing multiple options with consideration of above constraints mentioned as well as time, material requisition and learning curve.
Needle felting seemed like a viable option, however we ran into 2 issues
- Never Needle Felted before
- No one carries supplies in store (I did mention time constraints right?)
- Learn: Yay YouTube and Pinterest
- Be lucky: Hobby Lobby opened a store very close to us a week before. Was lucky to notice it after trying all other crafts stores nearby and they had stuffs we need.
Subject: Penguin. But not your standard plain penguin … Son chose: Rockhopper Penguin. These guys:
- Body and Head
- Feet with Claws
- Beak, Eyes, Crest and internal Wing details
- Complete - Background drawing provided by Daughter
- With habitat and details
I enjoyed making this. Next project hopefully wont be against the clock.
Hope you like.