Neon Rainbow Beanie

When I asked my 4-year old DS what he wanted for Christmas, along with the usual list of toys, he asked for a rainbow hat.

I had a couple yarns in my stash that fit the rainbow requirement, and he chose the yarns that I spun from the fiber that we had dyed together.

The yarns were all ombres, going from neon to pastel. I just used the neon section of each yarn (with the exception of the last one), resulting in a nice variation in the width of each color. DS chose the order of the colors and wanted a white poof ball. He thinks wool is itchy (even Merino), so I lined it with a bit of fleece leftover from making Hobbes. I’ve never lined a hat before and I’m sure it’s far from perfect. But, my boy likes his hat and that’s good enough for me.

27 Likes

What a great hat! It is perfect for a grey day.

1 Like

This hat will be perfect for a snowy winter day to brighten things up a bit. I love that you used your hand-dyed yarns to create a beautiful masterpiece!

1 Like

so cute, it’s a gloomy day here so this definitely lifted my spirits

1 Like

So cheerful and fun!

1 Like

Cute hat, and those yarns are scrumptious!

1 Like

Thank you! Just waiting on the snow, but the gloomy, sunless days aren’t in short supply.

I’m glad to have found something to do with this yarn, too. So often I spin just to spin (it’s relaxing and I still have a lot to learn), and I don’t have an end project in mind…then the yarn just sits in my stash, sad and unused. Of course, I still have half left. :woman_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

I love how bright and cheery this hat is, but what I love even more is that your son had a hand in its making- between helping to dye the yarn, and picking the colors and their order. It makes the hat even more special!

1 Like

What a fun and festive beanie! I’m sure your son will look adorable in it!

1 Like

What a bright spot on dreary winter days this hat will be!

1 Like

This is a treasure from start to finish! I love that you dyed the yarn together, the colors are brilliant, and the hat is joyful!

1 Like

So cute! Those yarns make me happy. :heart:

1 Like

I love that your kid specifically told you he wanted it. It’s a really cute hat.

1 Like

Thank you! We have a lot of fun around here planning our custom projects and my boys certainly keep me busy making things for them. I can’t scroll through Pinterest/Ravelry or make something for someone else without them asking me to make something new. It’s beyond flattering. :heart:

2 Likes

Yummy colors and cute beanie!

1 Like

The colors are so vibrant and happy. I love it!

Congrats! Your Neon Rainbow Beanie is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Aw, so bright and happy! Very nice.

1 Like

Such bright yarn! I’m always trying to dress my son in bright clothes, which makes it easier for me to see him. It gets harder as he gets older. Clothes manufacturers seem to think boys want to wear dark blue and dark green. It’s boring.

1 Like