Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Rules question: Am I correct in thinking that to get the Community bonus points, I have to create a dedicated project post? For example, Iā€™ve been posting journal pages in the art journaling craftalong thread ā€“ I canā€™t get bonus points for linking to those, right?

2 Likes

My understanding is no. Its has traditionally been its own post. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong!

1 Like

I believe that as long as itā€™s posted somewhere in the LC community, it counts! It doesnā€™t have to have a dedicated post. I had the same question awhile back, and Iā€™m 99% sure thatā€™s what @storerboughtcreation said. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been doing, at least!

3 Likes

To claim community bonus points, the project needs to be posted within the main community, not another craftalong. However, itā€™s okay to have multiple projects posted within one post and still claim the bonus points for each project.

Example: letā€™s say you made a hat, scarf, and mitten set. You posted all three in one post in the main community under fashion or fiber arts. You submit each piece of the set for 3 separate prompts in the Nerd Games. You can get the bonus points on each, provided you share the link in each project heading.

You can link to the craftalong post so we can see more images of your project of course! Weā€™d love to see. The point of the community bonus is to share our works with the community as a whole. This started back on Cster when so few of us would share outside of craftalongs. So much of the community wasnā€™t seeing the awesome projects we we creating. The points were a way to encourage more overall sharing and contributions. I hope that makes sense. Was I clear as mud? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

This was exactly my understanding of the concept, so :ok_hand:t2:. I may create a dedicated post for them yet. Thanks for clarifying!

4 Likes

For all those on the fence, today is the last day to sign up for the Games swap! It should be a lot of fun and you can strike off a prompt or two! LOL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I am so glad that today is Friday and its the weekend. We are expecting snow tomorrow so I am running out after work to grab some supplies. I plan on making something for a swap that will count as a prompt. Iā€™m loving the 2022 crafting energy!

3 Likes

Weā€™re supposed to get 5-8 inches of ice and snow on Sunday. Stay safe!

3 Likes

Did you make it home yet? I hope you donā€™t have to travel in that.

2 Likes

Weā€™re in that grey area of itā€™s too soon to say how much, but weā€™re currently under a winter storm watch for Sunday. I think the current estimate is 4-7 inches.

Itā€™s good Monday was already a school holiday. Since we were given 2 days due to staffing issues already, lots of time for craftingā€¦and getting my butt in gear and adding my prompts here Iā€™ve already posted in their own thread.

1 Like

I just checked and they changed my area to Sunday too. I have a vet appointment on Monday so I hope it is cleared up by then. Still using Saturday as a full-on crafting day though. I need it. Itā€™s been too long since I have spent the entire day crafting. I keep wasting my time cleaning my house and it rudely keeps getting messy again. I live alone so I am blaming it all on my cats and ghosts. Thatā€™s the only explanation.
I have a couple of ATCs and stuff for my Box of Color to work on.

4 Likes

No. Iā€™m still in the hospital. Iā€™m hoping to go home by dinner time today. But I think it will be tomorrow. Iā€™m ready to go home.

2 Likes

Iā€™m definitely staying one more night. Theyā€™re trying to figure out what antibiotic to prescribe for the strain of MRSA I have.

2 Likes

Although that sucks, at least you are being taken care of.

2 Likes

Figured this was as good as place to ask as any:

Now that there are no more ā€œseasonsā€ for craft swaps with official suggestions and voting, is there a new thread where we can still suggest swaps weā€™d love to participate in but donā€™t currently have the bandwidth for? Iā€™m itching for a TM patch swap and a masterboard swap, but my attention span and organization skills have been decimated by stress lately and thereā€™s no way I could host.

2 Likes

I think you just go to craft swaps and choose ā€œnew swap ideasā€ as the tag.

3 Likes

New swap ideas!

2 Likes

So I should create a new topic with that tag, or look for an existing topic?

2 Likes

Create a new topic!

3 Likes

Iā€™m FREEEEEEE! After 5 days in the hospital, I am finally nearly home. Weā€™re just waiting for my meds to be ready, and then I can go home to see my fluffy boys and nap. And then I can maybe do some actual crafty things that will help boost my morale.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. They meant a lot to me. Saturday was basically the worst day of my life with the massive blood loss, a painful hour long procedure with no anesthetic, and just absolute pain and terror that felt like an eternity. Lettuce Craft is a genuine lifesaver. You all are so amazing and wonderful. Thanks for being here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes