Nerd Games Discussion Thread

I’ll set it up this weekend!

3 Likes

Hooray!!

2 Likes

Argh!! I have so many things done that I have to wait until they arrive (or I even send them) to their destination. I want to post up! LOL! I can’t wait for new prompts tomorrow too.

3 Likes

Oh dang! I best get something done today for the battle! :scream:

2 Likes

I was able to get a Battle project posted, just under the wire! And, I realized that I had made another item last week, so I was able to get a Free Range in there, as well.

I finally hauled out my Silhouette, so I’ll hopefully be able to check a few more items off of my To Do list.

I’m hoping that the February prompts can align with some of my WIPs so I can knock a few of those off of my list, as well!

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 11 active players! A total of 46 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 4 9 420 105
Knotty by Nature 3 11 460 153
Bits and Bobs 4 26 900 225

Battle Royale Results:

January # Results
Shower 7 WINNER!
Bath 4
February # Results
Word Games
Number Games
March # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I just did some admin and realized I made 13 14 things in January that I haven’t submitted yet :exploding_head:. Some of them may have to wait for the March prompts, though… :laughing:

4 Likes

You can submit up to six free range, three big time projects if they took more than 5 hours, and of course you can stretch any of the existing prompts as far as you want, just explain your reasoning. Back on Cster, some of the stretches were highly entertaining and we all got a kick out of the reasoning people shared :grin:

5 Likes

You could also combine some to be grouped into a Big Time prompt!

4 Likes

I’m about to do that again with some things I made for a swap, and some more I’m making. Not quite at 5 hours yet, but almost!

2 Likes

We adopted a flame point ragdoll today. His name is Sherbert, and I’ve been calling him Sherby the Love Bug all day. He’s sooooo sweet. He’s 3-4 years old, he was rescued from a hoarding situation, and was nearly a foster fail, but in the end she did rehome him. He’s such a snuggly boy.

As soon as our team mascot has decided to be nice, I hope to recruit Sherby as a cheerleader for the games :grin:

6 Likes

Congratulations to Sherby for finding the best forever home!

5 Likes

Awe. Sherby looks so cute and trusting. I am so glad that he has a wonderful home now. Monkey will calm down soon enough.

3 Likes

Sherby the Love Bug sounds just about right! He will find lots of love at your house, I have no doubt.

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This is Sherby, a flame point ragdoll in foster care we recently rescued. He may pop up from time to time as a cheerleader. Let’s go, teams, let’s go!

So far this season, we have 11 active players! A total of 79 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 4 25 1010 252
Knotty by Nature 3 14 640 213
Bits and Bobs 4 40 1360 340

Battle Royale Results:

January # Results
Shower 7 WINNER!
Bath 4
February # Results
Word Games 6 WINNER!
Number Games 2
March # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I just went through and matched up the rest of my items to the prompts. I did some shuffling around of a few, and swapped out a few more. I have 22 projects on my list that I should be able to finish. I had some more ambitious items picked out, but those will get bumped to the Spring Games. I am happy that some of my items are long-time WIPs or BIBHUIYs so it will be nice to get a couple of those taken care of.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this one. Bought It But Haven’t Used It Yet?

2 Likes

Yes! My sister introduced the phrase to me, and I just love it. It helps that I have so many things that it applies to… at least I think it does… :laughing:

3 Likes

Yay! Really proud I figured that one out on my own. Because GWNH (Google was no help :laughing:).

5 Likes

I’m impressed that you did!

2 Likes