Nerd Games Discussion Thread

These are great! Thank you @storerboughtcreation for keeping track, @Bunny1kenobi for amazing badges, and @smeddley for the tireless effort of keeping these amazing Games going!

6 Likes

I love the Summer Season!! And, my goal is to kick crafty butt for this round. I need to make up for the last 2 (or more) seasons. I already have one item done, which helped me to select who I will talk to. Now, I have to decide on a team!

Thanks @storerboughtcreation and @Smeddley for keeping the games going! And thanks @Bunny1kenobi for making the fun, new badges!

2 Likes

I just frogged about two weeks of work. :sob: I was finishing the last couple rows of a big shawl and realized my second skein was a very similar but different color. I didn’t notice until now because I was working in dim lighting the whole time. Same brand, just a shade off. I grabbed it from the wrong stash pile :crazy_face: (yes, too much yarn). Oops! If the colors looked even slightly better together I would have left it two-tone, but alas.

Just needed to whine for a minute. :laughing: But I do feel like an OFFICIAL crocheter now, lol!

6 Likes

Awwwwwww. I feel for you. But I guess now you get more practice? :crazy_face:

Im looking forward to seeing your project when you finish! :hearts:

2 Likes

I have a couple of things waiting for swappers to get to post up. They should have them by Monday!

3 Likes

Before I post a tracking update, I wanted to be sure that this is made clear to everyone currently playing the summer games and anyone wanting to join:

You need to choose a path for the month of July (you can’t craft for the July battle now, but I still need to know which person you choose to talk to so I can keep track of that. You can still craft any of the five prompts listed under the pathway of your choice). Once you have chosen your July path, you have two choices for your August path. @Smeddley will hopefully be feeling well enough to post the new prompts later today.

If you haven’t joined in on the games yet, please feel free to jump in! If you choose to post for an August prompt as your first project, I just need to know what your July pathway will be for tracking purposes. If you don’t join in until September, I will need to know your intended July and August pathways.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have, either here in the discussion thread or in a PM. Also, don’t forget to check out the prize post @LovelyMiss has so generously created!

2 Likes

@Smeddley - Feel better soon. Don’t push yourself. Get better. We will wait! Your health is more important!

4 Likes

August Prompts are up! Clues will be going out later this week, I admit I let my class take over my life and wasn’t as prepared for this month as I thought I was going to be! Eeek! But I’ll get it all worked out. Any questions about the paths, let me know!

4 Likes

I have a question, I might be overlooking it, and if so, SORRY! But, where is the battle this month?

Your battle will be something that represents the person you choose to talk to like last month. For example:

August - battle - Aimee (forest)

3 Likes

Okay, I remember that from last month, but I couldn’t find were I read that. Thanks! I already have ideas for every prompt and it works in perfectly with my STS store I am starting to work on! Thank you again for such an amazing event. I know it is a LOT of work.

3 Likes

It’s a miracle… I’m working on an actual craft project today…

5 Likes

Woohoo! Go, Cindy, Go! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Yay for crafty time! Has school started for you yet?

1 Like

Sometimes its so hard to carve out craft time. Im glad you did!

3 Likes

School starts in 1 week (29th for me, 30th for students), but I need to head in this week to set up my classroom.

In classic (procrastinator) fashion, I’m trying to get as much done as I can during the last week of summer break!

2 Likes

Upcoming: Pin Collection

We’re starting a Nerd Games enamel pin collection! Beginning this Fall, each season you’ll have the opportunity to earn up to three enamel pins. Each pin will be different, and every season the pins offered will be different. Try to collect them all, or have fun picking and choosing ones to work toward!

Pin Events:

ALL the Projects: Complete all of the regular season projects – 3 Battles & 15 Prompts.

Investment: Complete 2 Research Projects OR 1 Research Project AND 3 Big Time Projects.

Community: Claim Community Bonus Points on at least 5 Projects AND comment on at least 10 Projects posted in the current season’s Nerd Games thread.

POLL

Vote for the pins to be offered next season! The three pins with the most votes will be randomly assigned to the events. Don’t worry, if you really like a pin and it didn’t get a lot of votes this round, they will return to the polls in future seasons! If a pin becomes unavailable after a vote but before shipping, the runner up will be substituted.

Voting will close at 11:59 pm (central) on Sunday, September 25, 2022.

• Game Boy
  • Zombie
  • Camera
  • Sloth
  • Bat
  • Paint Palette

0 voters

2 Likes

This is such a fun idea! I love enamel pins. I wear them on my work cardigans.

3 Likes

Very cool! Thank you for coming up with this fun way to spark up the Games!

2 Likes

I’ve already decided to get back into crafting now that the house is looking better, but the chance of receiving pins! They are really cool, hard to decide which I like the most.

I wanted to return the last month, but I see this round is not like the previous ones, so I better just wait

3 Likes