Nerd Games Discussion Thread

It’s all for fun, so don’t stress about it. There will be some fun stuff happening next season though, so be prepared for lots of prompty fun-ness :grin:

3 Likes

I truly do know, but I am still bummed… but again, giving myself a bit of grace.

And, I just went through my ambitious project list and replaced a bunch of things on it with things that should be more do-able in my limited time. A couple of projects need to be done before school ends, so I have a deadline. Maybe I can do those this weekend (I need to bust out my Silhouette).

2 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

So far this season, we have 9 active players! A total of 72 projects have been posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 3 27 850 283
Knotty by Nature 2 11 400 200
Bits and Bobs 4 34 1000 250

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
King 4 WINNER!
Fool 1
May # Results
Forwards 2
Backwards 3 WINNER!
June # Results
TBD
TBD

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I am currently working on a project that is using Caron Skinny Cake in the color rainbow. For some reason the colors go:

Red > Orange > Yellow > Green > Blue > Green > Violet

It has been bothering me that there is green between the blue and the violet. Someone obviously forgot their ROY B GIV. My newest theory (and @Smeddley and Mr SBC seem to think it has some merit) is that someone was told by their boss to make a rainbow skein with the rainbow colors, and they didn’t know what color indigo was. They panicked and decided it must be green.

I’m not sure if that’s the reasoning behind it, but I have decided that is the case, and now I’m more amused than annoyed by my yarn. :smile:

3 Likes

I just wanted to share a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our lovely @roler! :hearts:

I hope you had the loveliest of days and you have an amazing year. Miss you, bestie! :partying_face:

4 Likes

You know the theory about Indigo don’t you?

The occult required 7 colors, not six. A lot of rainbows nowadays just skip it entirely. I mean, it’s a tertiary color. LOL!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I have extended the spring games until July 5th, so be sure to get any projects in there by 11:59pm Central Time.

The summer games are now open. @Smeddley will get the prompts up soon. Once she posts, craft at it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! So worth the wait. You are slaying it! So much fun!!!

3 Likes

The summer games are all Smeddley. I asked if she would be willing to do a CYOA season again, and she certainly delivered! She is awesome :sunglasses::heart:

2 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had 9 active players! A total of 183 projects were posted.

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 3 58 1750 583
Knotty by Nature 2 12 520 260
Bits and Bobs 4 56 1460 365

Battle Royale Results:

April # Results
King 4 WINNER!
Fool 1
May # Results
Forwards 2
Backwards 3 WINNER!
June # Results
Classic Novels 3 WINNER!
Their Adaptations 2

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

Thank you for yet another fun season! The Summer Games have started, so be sure to join us over there! Smeddley has made a fun and exciting CYOA D&D mystery event for us to craftalong! :hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you for updating the tracking and the beautiful photo. Is that Monkey?

1 Like

Award Ceremony

Back in ye olden days of the internet, before Lettuce Craft was born, an award ceremony took place to commemorate crafting milestone achievements. I have decided to start that here, because I remember how motivated I felt after seeing I had “leveled up” again. I went through all of the tracking sheets and got crafting totals for anyone that has ever played the Nerd Games here on LC.

Each player’s name will be placed under the highest achievement earned to date. I will update the list and announce new achievements at the end of every season (and when I inevitably forget, send me a message to remind your emu brained captain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). I’d love to give a SUPER DUPER SPECIAL SHOUT OUT AND THANK YOU to @Bunny1kenobi for making the badges for the award ceremony. They are beautiful and I appreciate your assistance :hearts:

Without further ado…

Nerd Participant

Awarded when a player posts their first project to the Nerd Games!

@AcadianDriftwood
@BatsAndBrownies
@bluebird
@FrizzyTyger
@GMPNQ
@gshillitani
@imera
@Imnatari
@Inselaeffchen
@jillybeans
@Kwality570
@kwyltaholic
@Mortuum
@Mountains_and_Clouds
@QueenHobo
@Raury
@smileyyogini
@Tanyia

Bronze

Awarded when a player posts 25 projects

@appledainty
@Tanath

Silver

Awarded when a player posts 50 projects

@ezrib
@geekgirl

Gold

Awarded when a player posts 100 projects

@craftADDchick
@gozer
@LovelyMiss
@Lynx
@megwell

Platinum

Awarded when a player posts 150 projects

@Smeddley

Amber

Awarded when a player posts 200 projects

@Bunny1kenobi
@roler
@storerboughtcreation

5 Likes

That’s Sherby. I liked the pic more in black and white than in the original color. It feels more dramatic. Sherby is currently snuggled up against me, so I decided to share his photo with the tracking since he’s being such a sweet boy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

These are great! Thank you @storerboughtcreation for keeping track, @Bunny1kenobi for amazing badges, and @smeddley for the tireless effort of keeping these amazing Games going!

6 Likes

I love the Summer Season!! And, my goal is to kick crafty butt for this round. I need to make up for the last 2 (or more) seasons. I already have one item done, which helped me to select who I will talk to. Now, I have to decide on a team!

Thanks @storerboughtcreation and @Smeddley for keeping the games going! And thanks @Bunny1kenobi for making the fun, new badges!

2 Likes

I just frogged about two weeks of work. :sob: I was finishing the last couple rows of a big shawl and realized my second skein was a very similar but different color. I didn’t notice until now because I was working in dim lighting the whole time. Same brand, just a shade off. I grabbed it from the wrong stash pile :crazy_face: (yes, too much yarn). Oops! If the colors looked even slightly better together I would have left it two-tone, but alas.

Just needed to whine for a minute. :laughing: But I do feel like an OFFICIAL crocheter now, lol!

6 Likes

Awwwwwww. I feel for you. But I guess now you get more practice? :crazy_face:

Im looking forward to seeing your project when you finish! :hearts:

2 Likes

I have a couple of things waiting for swappers to get to post up. They should have them by Monday!

3 Likes

Before I post a tracking update, I wanted to be sure that this is made clear to everyone currently playing the summer games and anyone wanting to join:

You need to choose a path for the month of July (you can’t craft for the July battle now, but I still need to know which person you choose to talk to so I can keep track of that. You can still craft any of the five prompts listed under the pathway of your choice). Once you have chosen your July path, you have two choices for your August path. @Smeddley will hopefully be feeling well enough to post the new prompts later today.

If you haven’t joined in on the games yet, please feel free to jump in! If you choose to post for an August prompt as your first project, I just need to know what your July pathway will be for tracking purposes. If you don’t join in until September, I will need to know your intended July and August pathways.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have, either here in the discussion thread or in a PM. Also, don’t forget to check out the prize post @LovelyMiss has so generously created!

2 Likes

@Smeddley - Feel better soon. Don’t push yourself. Get better. We will wait! Your health is more important!

4 Likes