Nerd Games Discussion Thread

It’s a miracle… I’m working on an actual craft project today…

5 Likes

Woohoo! Go, Cindy, Go! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Yay for crafty time! Has school started for you yet?

1 Like

Sometimes its so hard to carve out craft time. Im glad you did!

3 Likes

School starts in 1 week (29th for me, 30th for students), but I need to head in this week to set up my classroom.

In classic (procrastinator) fashion, I’m trying to get as much done as I can during the last week of summer break!

2 Likes

Upcoming: Pin Collection

We’re starting a Nerd Games enamel pin collection! Beginning this Fall, each season you’ll have the opportunity to earn up to three enamel pins. Each pin will be different, and every season the pins offered will be different. Try to collect them all, or have fun picking and choosing ones to work toward!

Pin Events:

ALL the Projects: Complete all of the regular season projects – 3 Battles & 15 Prompts.

Investment: Complete 2 Research Projects OR 1 Research Project AND 3 Big Time Projects.

Community: Claim Community Bonus Points on at least 5 Projects AND comment on at least 10 Projects posted in the current season’s Nerd Games thread.

POLL

Vote for the pins to be offered next season! The three pins with the most votes will be randomly assigned to the events. Don’t worry, if you really like a pin and it didn’t get a lot of votes this round, they will return to the polls in future seasons! If a pin becomes unavailable after a vote but before shipping, the runner up will be substituted.

Voting will close at 11:59 pm (central) on Sunday, September 25, 2022.

• Game Boy
  • Zombie
  • Camera
  • Sloth
  • Bat
  • Paint Palette

0 voters

2 Likes

This is such a fun idea! I love enamel pins. I wear them on my work cardigans.

3 Likes

Very cool! Thank you for coming up with this fun way to spark up the Games!

2 Likes

I’ve already decided to get back into crafting now that the house is looking better, but the chance of receiving pins! They are really cool, hard to decide which I like the most.

I wanted to return the last month, but I see this round is not like the previous ones, so I better just wait

3 Likes

This round is similar to other rounds. You just have more prompt options and you follow a path of your choosing. Feel free to jump in, and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have :blush:

2 Likes

oh fun :smiley: I’ll check it out in the morning!

3 Likes

So sorry the prompts aren’t up, they will be tomorrow, I’m the WORST at deadlines and I had something come up today… you’d think I’d plan ahead, but that’s just not how I work… unfortunately. This is why I’m not in charge of important things!

5 Likes

Thank you for working on this. I completely understand. Life always gets the best of me too.

3 Likes

Okay, I simplified things and September prompts are up! I was over-complicating things and confusing myself!

4 Likes

Good for you! Knowing when to make a change is not easy :tulip:

1 Like

Checking in to make sure my choices are correct before I begin posting my crafts.
Naomi->meadow/Marta-> Sarah

Does this work?

2 Likes

Yep! That works!

2 Likes

I got a special feature in the fiber and textile category. It was so much fun to fill out the questionnaire. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I read it! You deserve it. You are so talented. Congrats.

3 Likes

I agree! You are super talented and one of my favorite people to boot!

3 Likes