Nerd Games Discussion Thread

There will be a special pin event for Spring, so we won’t be voting on pins for the next round. Voting will return for Summer!

There are some fun pin and anniversary celebrations events coming up this year, and I hope everyone will get to participate and earn some pins and other prizes! :smiley:

2 Likes

March usually drags for me, but I can’t believe it’s almost over!

I’m pretty much throwing in the towel on this season. I think I have a couple of projects that I didn’t post, so I’ll add those, but I don’t think I’ll get anything else done before Friday.

I was hoping to earn all of the pins, but we started a new curriculum unit from our new curriculum, and it’s kicking my butt. I’m wiped out when I get home.

Hopefully I can do better in the Spring season!

3 Likes

I’m hoping to join in for the Spring round. I wanted to before but was not able to. But I’m slowing down my swaps for a bit so this could be fun and I’ll still be participating in something! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah! We’d love to see you around! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

April prompts are up, time to get crafting! :smiley:

4 Likes

Here’s the link to the new season! I will update tracking for winter this weekend.

2 Likes

Last chance to send in your claim forms for Winter 2023 pins or the trivia contest! Get them in to me by the end of the day (11:59 pm central), please!

The gift card drawing will happen tomorrow and I’ll PM the winner and announce them in this thread. If I don’t hear back within three days, a different winner will be drawn.

Spring is bringing the chance to earn up to SIX pins! Check out the post in the new thread.

We’re also doing an anniversary prize event - a Crafty Scavenger Hunt! Participate in the hunt and you can earn a physical reward.

3 Likes

ack, totally forgot about the pins & stuff :woman_facepalming:

next time gadget

2 Likes

Is this an Inspector Gadget reference? :hearts:

2 Likes

lol, yep… so few grab that & i say it waaay too often

3 Likes

I was obsessed with the cartoon when I was a kid. I used to pretend to be Penny, and my Pound Puppy would be a stand-in for Brain. I had this big book of Disney stories that I carried around and would pretend like it was my little computer. I adored the cartoon until my childhood crush broke my little heart when I was 6 by pointing out how stupid the show was. It was really more that if he didn’t like it, I couldn’t either or he would think I was a nerd. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I loved Inspector Gadget too and I also had a book that was my computer and pretended to be Penny! :blush:

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had 8 active players! A total of 134 projects were posted.

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 3 46 1410 470
Knotty by Nature 2 29 1100 550
Bits and Bobs 3 59 1550 516

Congratulations to team Knotty by Nature on your win!

And the monthly battle results are in!

January # Crafted Results
Reflecting on the Past 2
Planning for the Future 6 WINNER!
February # Crafted Results
Moon 1
Sun 4 WINNER!
March # Crafted Results
Complimentary 4 WINNER!
Contrasting 0

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

Thank you so much @Smeddley for giving us fun monthly prompts to craft, and thank you to @LovelyMiss for the amazing opportunities to win prizes

Head on over to the Spring Season for more nerdy fun!

4 Likes

I seriously think this may be the best group on the internet.

This Spring season is SO gonna rock! Thanks to the lovely folks who are doing all the work and making it extra FUN!

3 Likes

Winter 2023 Nerd Games

Everyone who submitted at least 10 projects in the Winter 2023 Games was entered into a drawing for an Amazon gift card.

The randomly selected winner is:

@ezrib

Congratulations!

You’ve received a PM from me to claim your prize. Please respond within three days so it can be sent to you via email!

5 Likes

Congrats, @ezrib!!

2 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

2 Likes

Thank you for the reminder to share things outside of the Nerd Games! Remember everyone, this is a great way to not only get an additional 20 bonus points for projects, but it’s a great way for others in the Lettuce Craft community to see your amazing makes! Not everyone checks out the craftalong boards.

4 Likes

I sent out the Winter pins and trivia prizes today. If you submitted for either and didn’t receive a PM from me with your tracking number, please let me know ASAP!

3 Likes

I got my sweet scissors pin!

Thanks, @LovelyMiss! Guess I’d better start figuring out what I’m going to do with the pin collection I’m apparently starting :laughing:.

6 Likes