Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Oh my! I got mine too. It was a crazy weekend. Sorry I forgot to thank you. I used the tote during my craft show to keep myself organized. Thank you so much @LovelyMiss !!!

3 Likes

Yay! So glad everyone is getting and enjoying!

2 Likes

Making some progress on my junk journal!

6 Likes

Ooooo! Can’t wait to see it!!!

4 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

I’m thinking of finally starting to tackle my junk journal on Friday. Mr sbc will be off that day, so he can help me :blush:

I love the new prompts. I’m sure I’ll get a few random crafts in this month, but I have a huge blanket I’m trying to finish before Christmas, and I still have a second to to start and finish before then as well.

Front:

Back:

This one is an elephant I’m making for my dad. The next one will be a replica of a blanket I gifted @roler. My mom loved the pattern and colors so much, she wants one for herself.

6 Likes

Wow!!! That looks amazing! Is that interlocking crochet?

2 Likes

It’s overlay mosaic. I haven’t tried interlocking yet, though I have used some patterns but just worked as mosaic instead.

1 Like

Oh cool! I just read about the differences and think I like the look of the overlay mosaic even more! Swoon. One day I’ll try it! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I got my raffle items! I thought I messaged about it, but now I’m not sure :laughing: October was a challenging month!

2 Likes

IT’S BOUND!

Apologies for the shouty caps. I’m very excited :laughing:.

8 Likes

As you should be! How did you create the binding?

3 Likes

Wahooo!!!

1 Like

I mostly followed the binding instructions in LovelyMiss’s tutorial – sewed the signatures to the kraft-tex and then glued the whole unit to the covers.

I did use a running stitch rather than her saddle stitch just because I had a lot short and/or weirdly aligned pages and was trying to make sure each page was bound at at least two holes for stability. My spine was 8.5 inches long, so I measured in 1/4 inch from the top and bottom for the first/last holes and then every 2 inches in between.

4 Likes

I filled out my crossword earlier today! I had fun searching out some of the answers. I even came across a Nerd Games feature that I hadn’t seen before. I enjoyed reading it and learning more about the Nerd Games.

I have just one more clue left and so far, the answer is eluding me. I’m going to keep thinking on it and hopefully I will FIND the answer soon (that’s a reference to the clue I can’t figure out, lol).

ETA - got it! Right after I posted this I started repeating the keyword out loud to myself and boom, the answer came to me :grin:. I’ll be submitting my completed crossword here shortly!

4 Likes

Oooh yeah… the crossword! I need to do that!

4 Likes

I’m over halfway done with the chart! I’m loving this blanket. But our weather is being wacky and it’s back in the 80s again, so it’s been hard to sit under it. I think I might not make as much progress this week until it cools down more.

6 Likes

That is INSANE!!!

3 Likes

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

2 Likes

Sorry about the late prompts, but December is up now! I kept meaning to get to it all day, and the day just got away from me!

4 Likes