Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Sure, if that’s where they live, that can be a display! Or, if you take them off the cardigans, what do you do with them? You know we’re not much sticklers for absolutes around here, lol. Flexibility and creativity! :upside_down_face: :smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I only take them off to wash them. I leave them on the dryer and put them back on when they come out. But I do have some additional pins in a box that I am sure I can fancy up a bit for this challenge.

1 Like

I have items for all the prompts this month. I’m just waiting for my partners to receive them in swaps. I also purchased the most complex sewing pattern I will ever have attempted. It doesn’t look like much, but Howdy! It is going to be hard! Wish me luck. :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

You are a sewing queen! You can do it! :heart:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed. This pattern includes lots of glue and cardboard! And I will have to string a zipper myself. Eeps!

3 Likes

@LovelyMiss i got my package! Thank you for being so sweet to do this. I should have thanked you sooner but I let time get away from me.

2 Likes

I’m kind of in the same boat – waiting for secret stuff to arrive. Although now I’m also kind of waiting to see the Feb prompts for a couple of things currently slotted as Free Range…

3 Likes

I am now caught up on tracking and updating the team roster/checklists. Sorry I got behind. Between getting sick (I’m still sick) and losing our old man cat, Frankenstein, I’ve been a bit of a mess. But life is getting back on track again.

5 Likes

so sorry for your loss and hope you are feeling better soon

3 Likes

I am so sorry @storerboughtcreation . I know how much our fur babies mean to us. Never apologize or feel bad for having a life and needing time. We appreciate what you do and will patiently wsit, or help you if you need.
I hope you are able to look back at the memories of your Frankenstein and smile soon.

2 Likes

Thanks ladies. We have lots of other stuff keeping us cat parents busy. On this day four years ago, we got Monkey as a two week old kitten. He used to be only 9.3 ounces. Now he’s 14.5 pounds! Our team mascot is so grown up now :heart::heart::heart:

Then:

Now:

5 Likes

He has grown into a handsome man. You should be proud of how you saved his life. He is a cat, so I am sure he doesn’t care about all the work you did, but we do. :joy:

4 Likes

New prompts are up! I hope you like puns
:grin:

I’ll get tracking for the winter season up later today.

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had 12 active players! A total of 153 projects were posted.

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Running with Scissors 4 73 2580 645
Knotty by Nature 2 10 320 160
Bits and Bobs 6 70 2150 358

Congratulations Team Running with Scissors on your win this season!

Battle Royale Results:

January # Crafted Results
Tortoise 7 WINNER!
Hare 3
February # Crafted Results
Grimm 2
Disney 6 WINNER!
March # Crafted Results
Luck 6 WINNER!
Misfortune 0

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

The fun continues in the Spring Nerd Games! We hope to see you there!

4 Likes

Just a quick update, Winter Nerd Games pin packages will be in the mail later this week, and I’ll do the Show Us Your Pins drawing on Thursday! Thanks for your patience! I had a work conference this last week that was all-consuming. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations, @LindyBlues ! You won the Show Us Your Pins drawing!

Please PM me your email address so I can send you the Amazon gift card!

6 Likes

Congrats, @LindyBlues!

3 Likes

Yay :slight_smile: Thank you so much! PM on its way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just PM’d tracking info for Winter pins. If you claimed any pins for the Winter Nerd Games and didn’t receive tracking info from me, please let me know ASAP!

2 Likes

I received my pins last week and I’m so grateful. Thank you @LovelyMiss for everything you do :heart:

3 Likes