Nerd Games Discussion Thread

I’m curious… How many people have figured out who the thief is yet, or strongly suspect they know who it is? Don’t spoil it here! I just want to know who thinks they got it. :laughing:

2 Likes

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw your post in the other thread :woman_facepalming:t2:.

Is today (aka on the 2nd) too late to join in? I’ve been waffling because I don’t strictly need to be sent stuff to be able to make a junk journal :laughing:, but if it’s still open I’ll get you my form.

2 Likes

Yes!!! Send in your form @megwell! I didn’t need at least eight huge bins of junk journals supplies either, and yet…:upside_down_face: :joy: Variety is fun!

1 Like

Bingo question: Would I be stretching things too far if I counted a project made (entirely) with embroidery floss as a project made with yarn?

Note that this is toward a secondary bingo. I’ve got a good line on one without it, so the answer just affects whether I may be able to swing two.

1 Like

Yes, that works, and isn’t even a stretch! :grin:

From Wikipedia, “Embroidery thread is yarn…”

3 Likes

Sweet! For the record, I swear I didn’t write/edit that article :laughing:.

3 Likes

Suuuuuuure you didn’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

2 Likes

Does anyone want a sneak peak of the junk journal kits? I’ll be sending out six of them, and plan to add another one to the Raffle, if anyone wants one and didn’t get a chance to claim one. :slight_smile: They are jam-packed with cool stuff, and I’m so excited!

Summary

junk journal kit sneak peak

4 Likes

I do!!!

1 Like

Under the summary cut on my previous post for anyone who doesnt want spoilers! :smile:

3 Likes

Holy crap- here it is, the end if another round, and I’ve done practically nothing. I missed out on a lot of fun stuff, too. But, after a difficult week, I’m giving myself permission to spend the day crafting. I have a few projects finished, a few partly finished, and a few easier (hopefully) ones to make.

My “get your butt out if bed” alarm just went off, so we’ll see how I do between now and midnight!

I’ll give myself an early win and post a couple of completed items first. :smile:

3 Likes

Good luck! My alarm went off, but I’m still snuggling a cat.

1 Like

The entry period for the Raffle Shop will be open until Monday, October 2!

Spend the points you’ve earned this season to “buy” raffle entries! There are 24 prizes up for grabs, so make sure to play - there’s a high chance you’ll win something!

Entry form to PM me is at the bottom of the post, under the gallery of prizes.

2 Likes

Where does it tell us how many points we have?

Great question! Thanks for the reminder - I meant to include that info!

Click on your spreadsheet link and it says in the top left corner. Depending on when you submitted your final projects for the season, it may not be fully updated yet. (You can add in any points on the entry form that you know you’ll receive.)

1 Like

For anyone getting a junk journal kit (or anyone who just wants a tutorial), I made a huge post here about how you might put your books together.

3 Likes

Well, I got a few things posted, but not as many as I had on my list (16!). It felt good to actually make things again! So, I didn’t want to stress myself out by trying to do all of the things in one day. I have to spend tomorrow cleaning, but I’m hoping to start carving out some time each night to work on projects, so hopefully I’ll be around more in the coming months! I have so many long overdue projects to finish. My goal is to not buy anything for the projects for the Fall Games. My overall goal is to not buy anything for the month of October (besides food and essentials), but if you saw the state of my craft room, you’d agree that I shouldn’t need to buy more craft supplies!

4 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had 14 active players! A total of 232 projects were posted.

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Sherlock Holmes 5 72 2000 400
Nancy Drew 3 52 2020 673
Miss Marple 3 49 1480 493
Columbo 4 63 1700 425

Congratulations Team Nancy Drew on your win this season!

Battle Royale Results:

July # Crafted Results
Original 5
Reproduction 6 WINNER!
August # Crafted Results
Vacuum 5 TIE!
Broom 5 TIE!
September # Crafted Results
Digital 2
Physical 7 WINNER!

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

I thought I would also include everyone’s points here so they’re easy to find if you want to enter the raffle. Just be sure you don’t go over your point limit. If you have any questions about the raffle, please direct your questions to @LovelyMiss as she was awesome enough to create and stock the raffle for us.

Player Points
AudiobookLover 90
bluebird 490
Bunny1kenobi 830
craftADDchick 260
ezrib 410
gozer 840
jillybeans 250
LindyBlues 40
LovelyMiss 880
megwell 910
QueenHobo 390
roler 380
SewCraftt 160
Smeddley 180
storerboughtcreation 1090

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

The fun continues in the Fall 2023 Nerd Games! We hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Hey y’all! There are some folks who made Anniversary posts and some who may have qualified for the Be Kind or other pin events. I’m going to be ordering pins in a couple of hours, so see if you qualify for any and send in your form NOW if you’d like to claim them. If I don’t get your request by Noon (central) today, I won’t be able to send the pins, even if you earned them!

Summary

I’m just tagging folks in case anyone missed it earlier (tagging doesn’t mean I know you qualify, it’s just an invitation to check! :grin:).

@roler @LindyBlues @QueenHobo @jillybeans @AudiobookLover @ezrib

2 Likes

Hello!

Is there a chance to get the pins at a later date? I’d like to claim mine all at once to help cut mailing costs for you, since I’m in Canada. I haven’t earned all of the pins I’d like to earn yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes