NeverMore the paper raven

This will be part of a larger project. But it took a long time, so I thought it deserved its own post.

Thanks for looking

39 Likes

Ah! This is way cool!! How is this paper? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Whoa, what? I can’t wait for the final reveal!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I love it so hard. Can’t wait to see what else you’ve got up your sleeve!

2 Likes

How big is it? I love this. Its absolutely amazing. My sister would go crazy for this!

1 Like

Holy crow! This is so dang cool! I’m super curious about all the methods used to make it. EEP!

3 Likes

I love ravens, it’s fantastic

2 Likes

Oh, he’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

WOW! Amazing and cool. I’m also very curious to learn about how you made this. Hope you give the detail when you reveal the whole thing.

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! I totally cheated and printed the template and instructions from ravensblight.com. Even though the website specifically tells you not to, I did resize this to 50% of the original template size. So, he is about 4 3/4 inches (about 12 cm) from the top of his head to the tip of his tail.

4 Likes

Quoth the Raven, Nevermore

2 Likes

Holy moly! That’s a lot of little fiddly bits of paper to deal with. Are his feet made of paper, too?

2 Likes

Yes the feet are also paper.

2 Likes

Wow! Even teenier pieces of paper! Impressive work!

2 Likes

Lol! Thanks!

1 Like

Using a pattern is not cheating. If it was I would never sew anything! I’ve even failed at constructing something even with a pattern.
What is so amazing is your interpretation and artistic hand in creating the raven.
So cool.

3 Likes

Awww, thanks @marionberries !

:mountain_snow: :medal_sports: Congratulations! This stand out project is featured this week! :medal_sports: :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Ooh… I love him/her. lol :heart:

1 Like