New Feature Idea - Swap Badges

I’m enjoying the badge system and am wondering/hoping there will be swap badges? Like for first time hosting, first time swapping, completed ten swaps, twenty, etc. An angel badge… :slightly_smiling_face: Looking forward to swapping in any form! :grin:

19 Likes

I’m tagging @sweets4ever, the badge rep. :smiley:

4 Likes

:grin: …completed a paper craft swap, a textile swap, a supply swap… Sent early, spoiled partner (we’d all be getting that one, lol), super communicator… heeheehee… I’ll stop now :wink: I’m just so excited! :grin::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Loving the sound of this, Reinikka! Split & moved it to new feature ideas, so no one misses it.

4 Likes

Love this!! This lends into a Lettuce Badg"er" each other swap! Ha!

6 Likes

You are my spirit animal.

2 Likes

I hate this idea because I would so try to get them all XD if there will be swap badges. My son hates gaming with me because I want all the starts and badges, and knowing there are badges I will never get is horrible:P I’ll live, but I’ll try to get them all

8 Likes

This is a really cool idea and more incentive to join swaps.

1 Like

Hey! :slight_smile:

Do you guys have any visions for the hypothetical swap badges of the future? Share your ideas, if you have them. :heart: Be descriptive. I’m a visual person. :grin:

1 Like

Badges for 1st swap, 10th, etc.
badges for hosting 1st swap, etc
Badges for being an Angel (hopefully not needed)

1 Like

The Bubbles badge, inspired by @Magpie 's secret swap identity a few years back, awarded to someone who surprises/stuns the world by sending a crafted package to every single person in the swap (not just their assigned partner), when doing so seems preposterous if not impossible.

2 Likes

How about Earlybird for never sending late?
Or Swap Heroics for finishing the swap despite illness or other catastrophe?
Or Cat Herder for hosting a very large or complicated swap?

4 Likes

@jemimah earned that already for the little good things swap, surely! She sent such lovely things to everybody, and there were a LOT of everybodies to send to!

4 Likes

And @thanate earned that one, also for the little good things swap. Who didn’t join that one? lol!

2 Likes

Only alongside you @Magpie!! There’s flocks of wonderful magpie art winging their way all over the place!

2 Likes

This is the happiest thread ever. I’m just going to hang out here all night.

…maybe I’ll get a “I’m Just Happy to be Here” badge. :smile:

5 Likes

YES, they need those badges!!! :grin:

Also could do Seeing Double or Double the Fun for taking an extra partner to help the numbers come out right in a swap.

1 Like

“First Three-Way” for being partnered in a round robin situation :rofl: or would that be a “Swap Triangle”? :thinking:

“Swap Stalker” for someone that actively participates in the swap discussion and gallery but doesn’t swap

3 Likes

Hilariously accurate.

Well, we’d surely get lots of traffic from Google with this one. :rofl:

4 Likes