Swapping: Under Construction

Whooohoooooo

Are we gonna have a lettuce swap?:leafy_green:

14 Likes

Is the feedback form going to be the same? I am excited to get started, I would be down for a lettuce swap :wink:

1 Like

It will probably be similar, but may differ slightly.

It’s possible that we will open up swapping before the database is actually complete. If this happens, the swap mods will add in the results from previous complete swaps when the new database is ready.

12 Likes

Those of us who were hunkered down on Discord are all ALL ABOUT a lettuce swap!

9 Likes

Yahoo! Good to see you here!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: New Feature Idea - Swap Badges

@Lynx I was sooo excited about the idea of a lettuce swap that I made my own lettuce today. My Girl Scouts are supposed to complete their potters badge next week with polymer clay. I’m a novice at PC, so I decided to try it out tonight in preparation for the meeting. I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I learned a lot about blending colors, tools we will need, organizational details, etc. I also made a darn cute head of lettuce.

Bad news: I went to read the baking instructions only to find out that it is no-bake, never-harden clay. I bought the wrong stuff! It was on the same shelf as the bake clay. :sob::sob::sob:

Well, here’s my cute little head of lettuce anyway. :leafy_green: :leafy_green:

17 Likes

Our swap was in the middle of a round when Craftster closed. Is there anywhere we could start a thread just to get everyone rounded up again? We’ve been worried about people flaking

3 Likes

WOAH, that is amazing. Is there really no way to harden it? :flushed:

1 Like

I Googled it. Other people have made the same mistake. Heat will melt it. Maybe I could cast it in resin? :thinking:

1 Like

It looks so realistic. So disappointing it was the wrong clay. Let us know if resin will work!

Hi dear :heart_eyes:

1 Like

adorable lettuce!

I am interested to hear more about this, @racky

1 Like

NO WAY?? I was just getting ready to hit you up for a personal swap, 'cuz your lettuce head is divine! danggggggggggggggg

1 Like

I am also interested in what the options are for swapping. We launched an WWP Imbolc swap on Disc and at least one of the swappers has mentioned a preference for getting of the app as soon as able.

Maybe I can swap you once I get the real deal. I really do want to try making another lettuce. Can you imagine the revolt I would have had on my hands? Ten Brownies pouring their souls into their art only to find out it can’t be baked? I’m sooooo glad I caught my mistake before the meeting.

3 Likes

I’ve worked with poly clay a lot and I still bought the unbake stuff once. And didn’t realize it until AFTER I baked my items. what a mess.

1 Like

Your pain turned into their benefit, though! Because they would have been devastated!

@ rscowtown

Are we gonna have a lettuce swap?:leafy_green:

I think a Lettuce swap would be really cute. I even have some lettuce fabric just in case.:wink:

3 Likes