Ninni Swap Gallery - Send Outs Aug 23rd

I’m trying to track down a chocolate potato cookie recipe that’s apparently a Maine thing. Sounds yummy.

3 Likes

This thing astounds & troubles people when they see it in person. :rofl:

(Sorry, off topic, i’ll stop now!)

1 Like

Jiji is going on an island adventure this weekend with me!

3 Likes

I received from @Camelama yesterday!

She sent our new friend in a cute book box that the girls got a kick out of. My youngest in love and has been carting around her new rainbow unicorn ninni. We are out at the lake this week, so our ninni’s are living their best lives. She even sent them in super cute llama bags, that the girls are using as sleeping bags for their ninni’s. They love llamas! Thank you so much!! <3

8 Likes

I love the use of the ribbons for a tail and fringe!

How great that you got two unique unicorn Ninnis in this swap! Both adorable and living the good life!

3 Likes

They look like they are going to be fast friends.

3 Likes

So happy it made it there safely!

I thought if you wanted, you could cut the ribbon loops to make the mane and tail more “hair” like, but figured the loops were cute too.

1 Like

Besties!

2 Likes

Ok so my pal and I joked that we were “going to the island” for Labor Day, as typically that would mean driving north, waiting in lengthy lines, taking an expensive ferry, paying a lot for room in a bed-and-breakfast, all up in the San Juan Islands in Puget Sound at the border with Canada. But what we actually did was go to a bakery and buy some yummy things and then get bagels at another place and then take I90 for 1 mile to Mercer Island in the middle of Lake Washington - a drive that thousands of people do every day to commute to and from Bellevue/Seattle. But it really is an island! So we thought that was funny. We are easily amused. We got drinks at Starbucks and then headed to a waterfront park and sat in the dappled shade and sunshine to consume our treats, chat and catch up, enjoy the fresh air and yet stay safe. Then I drove us back to Seattle (one exit away via highway) stopped at the grocery store for her (she has no car so I like to do a grocery trip on these days out so that she can buy heavy things) and then I came home. Jiji came with & sampled some of the goodies, got lots of sunshine, and is now sleeping with my cats who think he is a fantastic pillow.

Banana nutella chocolate croissant - it was SCRUMPTIOUS!

Sesame bagel & peanut butter

Luther Burbank Park swimming area (yes, Seattle is crispy dry right now, we eagerly await the fall rains)

Banana croissant, maple croissant, malasada (plain, no filling) (a raised sugared doughnut from Portugal, usually filled with various flavored creams, but i like the plain ones)

We heard noises in the tree above us and sticks were raining down on us and looking up there was a great blue Heron way up in this fir tree! It always cracks me up to see them in trees because they just don’t look like they belong up there. This one was making a racket and knocking things down and we’re not sure what they were doing. There were no eagles around that we could see so we don’t think they were trying to scare something off. Here he is showing us his butt lol.

8 Likes

I agree 100%! I love the addition of the black lace, too :slight_smile:

It’s amazing how changing or adding just a few details can transform the basic Ninni pattern into something unique. I love the expression on this one, and the nose is so adorable!

@jillybeans, your newest Ninni is just adorable! I love how bright and cheery it is (and love the llama sleeping bags, too). I love the little smile on it- placing it off to the side just gives it the sweetest expression!

1 Like

I love it. What a fun day.

1 Like