Northern Lights Hoopla

I made this 8” hoop for @JoyfulClover in the recent hoopless hoopla swap. Although I did make mine in a hoop!

I’ve really enjoyed the landscape embroidery pieces I’ve done but now that I’ve done a couple I will probably stick to doing around 5”-6” hoops from now on!

27 Likes

Beautiful! Your stitching is sublime, and the background cloth is a great choice.

(Also, my brain must be broken, because it tried to turn the northern lights into the Dark Mark over Hogwarts. LOL)

1 Like

It’s mine, it’s mine! It’s mines, it’s mine, it’s mine!!!

I love this hoop so much, GG! It’s incredibly soft, too! The colors are perfect. Happy sighs all around! Thank you so much for swapping with me!!

1 Like

My mind is blown at the time and detail required to create such an exquisite piece. And the fabric you chose to stitch it on couldn’t be more perfect!

2 Likes

A friend of mine tie-dyed the fabric. I’ve used it all now so I guess I need to start tie dying!

3 Likes

So beautiful. So many gorgeous stitches. This turned out soooo well.

2 Likes

I love this!! Your texture and the shading you’ve created with the different thread colors are beautiful.

2 Likes

This makes it even more special. Thank you for sharing the last bits!

This is so wonderful! The textures are perfect.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s beautiful! You did a great job!

1 Like

This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!

1 Like

I love everything about this. Truly! I love the way the light undulates in the sky, reflects in the water, and paints a splash of color over the mountains. It’s simply gorgeous!

1 Like

I like your landscape pieces…they look labor intensive but with stitches I can do! lol

I love the lights and the reflections…a very nice piece…lots and lots of black stitching…my eyes would be bonkers by the time I was done! lol

1 Like

I know I said this in the swap thread, but wow! It is just beautiful.

1 Like

This is so very gorgeous!! I love the colours and texture!

1 Like

So pretty! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stunning. I love the contrast between the black and green. The sky is beautiful!

1 Like

This is gorgeous!

1 Like

I like the reflection of the lights on the dark water. The two pieces make a beautiful set!

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you made 2 hoops like this. Blown away, girl. They are both just awesome.

1 Like