Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

@roler The medieval beast is beautiful! You rocked those highlights.

2 Likes

From @Bunny1kenobi
Three themes in one!
Songbirds, anthropomorphic and music. Lovely!

7 Likes

Glad you like it!!

1 Like

That’s an awesome beastie @roler! …What is it?
Props for gifting yourself ATCs!

2 Likes

I believe the site I was using as a reference called it a “two-headed bird dragon” version of an Ouroboros. :slight_smile: I absolutely love medieval bestiary beasties, especially ones like those from the Aberdeen or Bodleian Bestiaries… Even the drawings of “real” animals look very much like the artist has never seen one in real life, and they are just so fantastical and bizarre! One of my favorite things. XD

And yeah, I’ve been meaning to make myself some ATCs for ages just for fun, and finally got around to it! Next I want to try painting over Pokémon cards, like this type of thing:

I’m working on one right now with paint pens, but I think I may need to break down and get some actual paints and brushes to be more effective.

2 Likes

This is so fun and whimsical, and really creative! Love the hair detail and the dark mysterious bird face.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s an anthropomorphic version of a crimson collared tanager, which is one of the songbirds whose females have colorful plumage.

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi - I love the card! It is so much fun and you go so much restrained motion in the drawing! The highlights on the hair are great too. PS. Hands aren’t easy and you nailed it!

I received two cards last night.
First, from the always delightful @Lynx comes a drawn girl. It can be a challenging card. I’d love to see her attempt a guy next! This is Molly. She looks ready to get her school picture taken. :grinning: Thank you so much! You did a great job. She sent it in a fantastic card but I can’t get it to transfer off my phone. When it comes through I will add it.

Next is from the ever-talented @Bluebird. This card cracked me up. I love this bird’s swagger. She is so confident. I love it. Great style.

Thank you both so much.

8 Likes

You’re welcome! So glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun with her. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks @gozer!

Nice job on Molly, @Lynx! That barrette is perfect

And @bluebird what a cute little birdie!

3 Likes

I received a card from @curiousfae! She picked my ostentatious theme and made me this birdie named Birdy Goflightly (inspired by Holly Golightly)! How wild we both did little birdies smoking with vintage cigarette holders! :upside_down_face: She’s great, thank you so much! :blush:

10 Likes

I’m glad you like Molly! I’ll have to claim ya for a guy sometime. Drawing people is challenging, but it was fun to try!

1 Like

so funny! i almost messaged you to make sure the smoking bit was ok with you. lol. glad you liked it.

i’d like to think all these lady birds are somewhere on a wire gossiping…

3 Likes

I received from @pioneer9! Meet Beauregard! :grin: He’s so cute!

9 Likes

Beauregard looks bewildered!
super cute monster.

1 Like

I love that this thread is the gallery and discussion for all of 2021 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s so much easier than the old three thread system each month :sweat_smile: Easy and I don’t miss anything :kissing_heart: (even if I am terrible at posting my love of each card I see!) All the hand drawn cards are amazing!

I think there might be a battle of the monsters between @pioneer9 and @Kwality570 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But then I think they’d just get together and be good friends :heart:

I have a card for @roler and will send it once I take a pick and pack it up. My card for @Lynx is taking a little longer because I had a sudden spell of inspiration when I claimed and then found out that I can’t remember how to make _______ anymore :laughing: So I need to play around some more or go for plan B/C/D/… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@Curiousfae – I love your style. The anthropomorphic bird is AMAZING! And I love Birdy Goflightly. She is a hoot! Your cards are phenomenal! I love the look of watercolor, but I suck at it. You make me want to give it another try.

@pioneer9 – Beauregard is hilarious. Love that expression and his hands up like he gave up. Fantastic.

2 Likes

I love it!!! Lol! Birdy looks like a sophisticated gal with lots to say! :wink:

And Beauregard! Poor befuddled guy… he’s so cute!

1 Like

For “strange things to wear a mask,” @roler delivered!

So fun, thanks!

8 Likes

Hahaha, that was probably some of the most fun I’ve had making ATCs! XD Thanks for the fun prompt!