Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

Yesterday I received this lovely (and I mean lovely card from @curiousfae! She picked my random/foreign word theme and if this isn’t the truest phrase ever. Lol!

Espirit de l’escalier: thinking of an idea or course of action too late to use effectively

But besides the awesome phrase, how awesome is her watercolor technique! Something to aspire to, for sure. As well as her lettering. :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much @curiousfae! A lovely card to add to my newfound ATC collection!

9 Likes

That is divine!

1 Like

I am so glad my cards are starting to arrive at their destinations! <3 Canada Post has been an adventure.

My only regret with the Bob’s Burgers card was that I used a pen that smeared when I coloured them in – they look a little like they have been cleaning a chimney. :wink: Hahahaha.

I am loving the Frog Prince, and the colours on the espirit de l’espalier card! :heart:

@curiousfae your lettering is always impeccable!

I finally figured out my card for @curiousfae. Waiting for some glue to dry then it will go out in the mail.

You are so kind!
And now see the typo, argh!!!

I may have to make another. Just for my own well being. Lol.

From @bluebird for my misheard lyrics theme
What a fun theme this is!
From Lady Gaga’s Just Dance she hears
Red wine/convict/Gaga. ( I hear it too)
What it really is …red one/konvict/Gaga, who knew !!!
And look how well it’s illustrated.

thank you!

6 Likes

Oh, this is is just great, and actually pretty funny to me — maybe you’ll see a connection when you get your card from me! (I’m not sure I know that song, but very well made atc.)

1 Like

I received a beautiful ocean & beach watercolor from @Whistlefish

Thank you! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

What a beautiful watercolor beach!

@curiousfae — You’re welcome and thank you! :blush: And I hope those are the actual lyrics because I had to look them up on a lyrics site. lol! I still only hear the wine/convict/gaga when I listen. :smiley: And that is a beautiful watercolor esprit card! :slight_smile:

@Lynx — Thanks! :slight_smile:

I received an adorable Snorkmaiden (Moomin) card from @roler :heart:
The envelope was even sealed with a tape that reminded me of another of my Finnish loves – Marimekko! Thank you for this adorable card. She’ll have to find a place with my Moomin from @bluebird!

8 Likes

I received “that weird dream you had last night” from @megwell and it made me laugh out loud! Dreams are so weird. I try to document mine when they are really strange, and I love hearing about other people’s as well. Thank you!

Boone Calhoon :joy:

6 Likes

So glad you like it! One of the weirdest things about this dream was the number of very specific details. Like, that’s not normally how I’d go to spell “Calhoon,” but I knew intrinsically in the dream that was the spelling.

Alright…over the past 3 days I’ve received bunches of ATC’s! Hooray for happy mail! (Although I still think there’s a postman keeping them hostage before giving them to me.)

First up is this beautiful card from @bluebird! Thank you so much! She chose my plant theme and made me my very own little container garden. It’s so cute and adorable and her shading (and container shadows) are so good! I can tell some marker/pen was used. Is there watercolor too or is it all marker?

Alright, the next one had me cracking up. It is so perfect in every way. @fluffypants chose the inspirobot quote and it came up with “occasionally the best thing you can be is annoying.” This card is a treat for the eyes. It’s very dimensional and textured and the little bird peeking his head in the scene is amazing. I smile every time I see this card. Lol. I showed it to my husband and his eyes lit up. SO good. Thank you so much!!

Next up is this gorgeous “Paper Pieced Potholder” from @Reinikka. So…a quilt pattern, but with paper!! She said it is a “gelli print” version which I really ought to look up because all you art journal-type people always mention gelli prints and I have no idea what that is. I really need to google it. Lol. She said it may look simple but if you see it in real life you know it’s not! The precision and exact corners are super impressive! (Just as they’d impress me on a real quilt! Lol). Thank you so much! I love my little paper version of this pot holder. (Which I kinda wanna make in real life now.)

Now we have two cards from @thanate and how cool are these! Fabric! Machine embroidery! Batik!

The first is this little garden which I’m in love with. I might have to make it into a patch and put it on something. :smiley:

The second was for my daughter with her dragon theme and she made a water dragon! I love the look with the varigated thread. My daughter promptly stole it from me and put it with her “dragon things.” I had to steal it back to grab a quick picture. Lol. Thank you @thanate! I love that they’re both fabric. It’s neat to have such a diverse collection of ATCs.

Bonus…@thanate also included some stamps but they’re all vintage! Lots of 10 cent and 8 cent stamps! I love stamps and these were so neat to look through and study. Thank you!

And for my final share…it’s a little monster from @Kwality570 !! This isn’t even part of this swap but I thought other ATC’ers would appreciate it. We’re doing the Invite Your Partner Swap and she sent me this cute little guy as part of our first package. Isn’t he the best?!

Okay, I think I’m all caught up! There’s something in the post today but I’m not sure what it is. Fingers crossed that it’s another ATC! :smiley:

10 Likes

Wow! What a treat of diverse atcs!

I really love @bluebird’s cactus container garden!

The inspirobot quote card from @fluffypants is hilarious! That bird is just perfect!

@reinikka I love how you created a paper potholder! It is hard to get perfect corners and you nailed it! I love how you chose a brad to “hang” it on the card!

@thanate is the queen of the machine embroidery! How sweet that your daughter gets her own dragon card! Isn’t it fun to get atcs in so many mediums? Wow! What a treat of diverse atcs!

I really love @bluebird’s cactus container garden!

The inspirobot quote card from @fluffypants is hilarious! That bird is just perfect!

@reinikka I love how you created a paper potholder! It is hard to get perfect corners and you nailed it! I love how you chose a brad to “hang” it on the card!

@thanate is the queen of the machine embroidery! How sweet that your daughter gets her own dragon card! Isn’t it fun to get atcs in so many mediums?

@kwality570 monster’s are a thing to treasure, for sure! Thanks for sharing this one with us!

2 Likes

You’re so very welcome, and thank you! :blush: I’m so happy you enjoyed it! The background light light green was color pencil and the rest of the coloring was done in markers for that card. :slight_smile:

@Lynx — Thank you! :blush:

Love the inspirobot card! :laughing: And wow, that quilt card is so beautifully pieced together! Very nice embroidery cards and such a great little monster from kwality! thanks for sharing it in the gallery with us. :slight_smile:

I received two amazing and wonderful cards from @fluffypants!

The first is for my Frog and Toad theme and she made this beautifully illustrated & amazing interactive card with Frog and Toad and their flying kite! :kite:

And the kite in the air! Beautifully done!

And this one is for my stained glass theme! Beautiful little suncatchers attached to a window with a sky background!

That opens! Opened and with sunlight on the suncatchers! So pretty!

I love them both, thank you so much! :blush: :blue_heart:

8 Likes

Killin’ it with these interactive cards, @fluffypants!

I’ve been super remiss in commenting (shocker), but great round all around, everyone!

2 Likes

@whistlefish hit the mail jackpot! Wow!!! All of the cards are so gorgeous, and I love seeing all the different techniques everyone is using. I was just thinking the other day that I need to bust out some felt one of these days. It’s so nice to use up all the little odds and ends! I also love how this swap has a bit of everything – fun, cute, pretty, funny – such a fun gallery to scroll through.

1 Like

I kind of want to steal ALL of these cards you received. They’re amazing! The annoying bird one made me laugh so hard.

Meanwhile, I received from @Whistlefish myself! Here are two wonderful Pokémon ATCs!!

Speaking of things that made me laugh out loud, the letter that came with this did that for me as well. Sorry for inadvertently signing you up for Pokémon lessons from your kid!! :laughing:

Both of these little cuties are so well done with those soft colored backgrounds; I really love them! (And Sudowoodo’s expression is SO FUNNY!) :slight_smile: And thanks for the extra frame and stickers as well! XD

7 Likes