Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

I received from @curiousfae today and squealed with delight when I received it! It is perfect, thank you! She said she learned a technique from @JoyfulClover where you do your artwork, scan it and then reproduce it small scale and it worked so well. (The bonus is you get to keep your original artwork!!) I love that it has all the sabbats and a different seasonal flower for each one. Thank you!!

It also came with this super cute notecard!

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I have a hard time working tiny. AND I found a magazine image MUCH larger than the ATC size. So I cheated, made it the size for the image and then scanned it at high res at work (you know, in the before times) and printed on the noice paper.

I wanted to keep the original but it suited @curiousfae so much I sent them both. She uses it for her site avatar!!

I love this Wheel. We were swapping the wiccan seasons (WWP), but it fell away last year. This would have been a nice little add.

Yay! I had fun with this. The only thing I need to remember when doing this technique is to make sure my writing isn’t too small in the original or it’ll be SUPER tiny on the scan.
So glad you like it!

This swap was such fun, and for some reason I only get notifications about the gallery once in awhile, so I always have lots to catch up on! :heart: I received this cute cupcake from @thanate the other day – my first fabric/stitched card. And some fun stamps and bits! So neat! Thank you!

6 Likes

Woo, I got not one but two more adorable Pokémon ATCs for my rapidly growing collection!

First, here’s Squirtle, by @megwell:

It’s a super cute drawing on a perfect water-habitat background, and best of all, he’s drawn on a page of hyphenation rules!! The linguist in me is squeeing in extra nerdy delight. XD Thank you so much!!

And then here’s Skitty, by @curiousfae:

This Skitty is drawn in a darling little chibi style! I love all the different styles I’m getting from all you different artists! This is exactly what I wanted in a fun original collection, a really fun, colorful, and eclectic selection! Thank you!! XD

6 Likes

I :heart: that Squirtle is drawn on hyphenation rules. It’s such a pretty card.

Skitty is super cute!

Nice job ladies!

2 Likes

I’m just so glad it finally showed up, and intact. It’s funny you mention the background; I almost went with a different, more desert-y page but thought better after I discovered it was a water Pokémon.

I also at one point considered giving him a Zetti hat…

1 Like

I received a super cute I Dream of Jeannie card for my 60’s Television theme from @bluebird. And now the theme song is running through my head, too. :smiley: It also came with an adorable sticker sheet. Can never have too many stickers! Thank you! :heart:

8 Likes

You’re welcome! So glad you enjoyed it! :blush:

What a great theme! That lamp is truly magical @bluebird.

I got two cards this week

Top from @Lynx
Artists choice Pretty cool composition and awesome sentiment. I love how you can incorporate stamps too.
And bottom from @megwell
Misheard lyrics. It’s a Creed song. I need to edit this tonight to write was she thought vs. what it really is. Pretty funny. Her version makes more sense to me. Lol
edit…
here’s what meg has to say about her version of the lyrics…
Turns out it’s actually “Let’s ask, ‘can we stay?’,” which I found out while researching this card. I always figured my version couldn’t actually be the words, but 20+ years in it’s probably too late for me. (Side note: In looking up the lyrics, I discovered I’ve also been legitimately mishearing the second verse forever. It’s a good thing I’m not attached to Creed.)
I also love how she did one of the Alisa Burke classes with the letter shapes for the background. I need to try that!
Thanks gals!

7 Likes

I received this AMAZING skull ATC from curiousfae!

And a bunch of extras!!

Thank you so much!!

7 Likes

7 Likes

WOW! I feel like I am walking through this amazing art gallery! Also if anyone ever gets tired of that Bob’s Burger ATC, you can send it to me. :smile:

4 Likes

I received an awesome ATC this past Friday and I feel like a slacker since I’m just now posting but what can you do about it?

I received from @WiccadWitch and she chose my dragon theme (for my daughter) and It. Is. Awesome. Such beautiful shading and I love the subtle hints of blue to go with the monochrome look! I think my favorite detail, though, is the tiny lightning bolt in the back ground. So perfect. (Well, in her note she did say it was a StormDragon). My daughter loves it and has currently claimed it to use as her bookmark (in a dragon-related book of course.)

Thank you @WiccadWitch! It’s found a good home here. :black_heart:

9 Likes

Wow, such a gorgeous dragon! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

@WiccadWitch Your storm dragon is stunning! I love the touches of blue, as well as the low lying clouds across her chest reinforces the dragon type.

Love the direct face as well. Great job!

1 Like

Fantastic detail @WiccadWitch!

2 Likes

I received this Dirk Gently card from @fluffypants for my TV Sleuths collection.

Oh, hey, why is there a thumb tab on the side?

Because it’s one of fluffypants’s sweet interactive cards! Thanks for an awesome addition to my collection, Mary!

10 Likes

Really loving these interactive cards! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a really cool card!