Ongoing ATC swap gallery & discussion 2020

I received from curiousfae for my Halloween version of the painting American Gothic by Grant Wood. She said her friend helped her out with the idea and to notice what happened to Mr. Farmer in the background.

It’s the Creature from the Black Lagoon!

Oh noes!

Thank you, I love it!
Oh and I forgot to mention that the frame around the ATC is raised, so it feels like a tiny painting.

7 Likes

lol, that’s great! :smiley:

I received a Harry potter themed card for a mimbulus mimbletonia from @curiousfae! it’s wonderful, thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That looks like a plant I would like to own.

@irid3sc3nt I love the expression on that chocolate “mousse”!!

@curiousfae The creature from the black lagoon/American Gothic mashup is fantastic!! Love it!! Beautiful work on the plant ATC too :smile_cat:

1 Like

Aw, thanks! It took a long time in my head to get to the final product.

1 Like

Thanks you guys! These were both a hoot to make.

I loved making the creature but I drew him on a larger scale then shrank it down and inadvertently lost some of the detail by doing that. I really appreciate @irid3sc3nt highlighting it so y’all could see it. You can even see his glasses there beside him if you look close.

The HP plant was fun and if I’d had more time would have loved to do a little assortment of different plants she listed. Next time!

1 Like

Hi all-- swap poll results are in, so we’ll be back for another round in October!

6 Likes

Yaaaaaay!!!

1 Like

I’m definitely in for October! :blush:

Can’t wait!

Cool! Thank you for organising @thanate!!

1 Like

Thank you thanate for another month!

And…recd from @thanate
Such a pretty graphic. And I love the colors she chose. I am really thinking of sewing this onto a jacket or bag.

4 Likes

I see it as a muted DOtD… very pretty.

And with that I think we’re down to waiting on just the cards going to and from New Zealand. (Let me know if I’ve missed anything.)

1 Like

Wow, I’m not into skully things for myself, but that is pretty cool!

@thanate I hope the mail won’t take too long. I’ll message as soon as I see them :grinning:

1 Like

@jemimah’s gorgeous paleoart card for me arrived with a bonus @Magpie greeting card & a dinosaur for my daughter:

4 Likes

Nicely done! Love the textures on the paleo art and such a cute dino! :blush:

2 Likes

Yay!! I’m glad they’ve arrived safely :smiley:

2 Likes

I received from @jemimah! She said she made two and couldn’t decide which to send, so went ahead and sent both! I love them both so very much! I don’t know if I could have chosen between which to send either! :blush: A wonderful bluebird and a fabulous corvid! Thank you so much for them!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2009bbcafjli 2009bbcafjli2

2 Likes