Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

You’re welcome! I really enjoyed your pick three theme! Wow, haha, I had no idea how close his face resembled that emoji (:hugs:)until I saw it right next to that pumpkin! :blush: Or that emoji! lol! Guess I just like that cheerful expression! :smiley:

3 Likes

Actually, I didn’t really notice, either, but you’re right! Looks like he’s got a career in showbiz :laughing: .

1 Like

Two adjacent maps from @megwell

(and now I am curious about the cheese castle!)

7 Likes

The cheese castle was basically a little cluster of multilevel towers made out of cement tubes sort of like you find in ditches (for drainage or whatever), but vertical. They had holes in them for hand-/footholds and were painted yellow, so naturally it was the cheese castle.

2 Likes

That’s great! :cheese: :european_castle: :smiley: :joy:

1 Like

I really like those maps and the description of the cheese castle. I kept thinking of Lord of the Rings maps for that theme, but a neighborhood map is awesome!

2 Likes

All the maps! Pretty maps are great but so are mind maps, sentence diagrams, board-game-style maps, or how your favorite small child draws their space, it’s all good. :grin: (When I was small, I would draw the plot of The Hobbit as a map on multiple pieces of dot-matrix printer paper that hadn’t been pulled apart yet…)

2 Likes

I made maps for the PC game Quest for Glory IV when I was little. Oooh, that would be a good use of that kind of printer paper.

1 Like

October is nearly done! (eep!!) Are people up for a November round?

• Yes please, count me in!
  • maybe, I guess…
  • Nope, not this month.

0 voters

1 Like

October is almost over. It is the best of times, it is the worst of times.
Gah, the post is taking FOR.EV.ER.

My husband received a vinyl record in the mail, delivered to our front door, with the flap open. Nothing but pressure keeping the record in place. It was still in there, so my husband didn’t care.
I was quite upset because that’s not the first time that has happened where the post is just like, “Oh well, here it is.” Not even the sticker that says, “Sorry we mangled it.”

3 Likes

I received this fantastic Harry Potter Mermaid from @endymion and lovely mermaid postcard! I just absolutely love it! :smiley:. It’s going into my HP collection! I love Harry Potter and mermaids so these are just perfect for it! Thank you so very much!

9 Likes

@irid3sc3nt I sent your ATC today!

1 Like

Ok, looks like we’ve got at least 4 yes-votes, so November is go!

4 Likes

Thank you @curiousfae for my lovely ATC-winter Solstice !

14 Likes

Aw man, that’s good! Gave me an idea for mine.

1 Like

That is gorgeous!

1 Like

I love when curiousfae creates art with her lettering!

3 Likes

I received from @irid3sc3nt today for my Windows and Doors theme. She made an ATC that is also appropriate to the season!

The 50’s-pinup-ish figure is so fetching in her little cat costume. (Wait—just realized that I also had a Cat theme listed, so that makes this a combo-theme card.) I don’t know if you can tell, but there is a shiny film that forms the glass between the figure and the frame.

Thanks, @irid3sc3nt! I love it!

8 Likes

Haha, I’m glad you like it. I titled it Mr. Tom. Both for Tomcat and Peeping Tom.

1 Like

I received a card from @thanate today! It’s one of her embroidery cards for my Christmas themes and its called “Holiday Cheer”! It’s so cheerful and festive, thank you very much! :christmas_tree: :slight_smile:

7 Likes