Winter Solstice Block Print Cards

Inspired by @curiousfae 's ATC, I created a linocut to make holiday cards. Winter Solstice is my favorite of the winter holidays.

This was the first block print I’ve made as an adult. I used a basic speedball kit with a gold water-based ink. In person the cards are quite shimmery.

It felt good to create something. I had a bad concussion/head injury this summer (zero stars, do not recommend) and this is the first thing I’ve made in a long time.

26 Likes

These are gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

Wow! How flipping cool! I feel really honored to have inspired such a wonderful piece. Your carving skills are spot on. Love the gold paint you used. You really took this to the next level and made something really fantastic. :grinning:

1 Like

These are great! I love that they’re winter solstice. In definitely want to try block printing some time. Yours are beautiful.

1 Like

Love these!!! Fantastic design. Love that it was inspired by a fellow LCer!

1 Like

Beautiful cards! Glad to have you back and hope you are mending well!

1 Like

Beautiful! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Love love love this. Wow, what a gorgeous card. I’d be so thrilled getting one in the mail, I’m sure I’d display it year after year (I have a few faves like that).

2 Likes

Gorgeous! So glad you use crafting to mend and to bring joy to others!

1 Like

What a beautiful card and a beautiful message! Glad you are feeling well enough to do some crafting again. It must feel very joyful for you to complete a project after a long absence from crafting. Thanks for sharing the project with us!

1 Like

These are truly lovely and the recipients are going to be thrilled to find these in their mailbox. I hope you’re healing well and continue to craft.

1 Like

I’m in awe at your lettering!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your art! It’s nice to belong to a community that is generous with their ideas

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind comments :hugs: I am on the mend. I’m hoping the joy from creating these will inspire more projects

4 Likes

What a beautiful design! I really like all the detail on the round edge of the orb. I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend!

1 Like

Ooo, that was one of my favorite ATCs as well so it is very exciting to see an inspirational piece come from it. Winter solstice is definitely a highlight of my winter, just knowing that our days will be getting longer again. Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

These are sooooo gorgeous! What a great little keepsake. I bet some of them will get framed. :wink:

1 Like

:sparkles: :earth_africa: :sun_with_face: Congratulations! Your stellar Winter Solstice block print cards are a featured project this week! :sun_with_face: :earth_americas: :sparkles:

1 Like

These are simply wonderful! The solstice is definitely something to be celebrated and you’ve done so in such a beautiful way. Now, I’m getting the itch to dig out my own carving tools, so you’re passing the inspiration forward!

1 Like