Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

The card is very pretty and the ATC is rad, but I would also like to recognize that lettering! Iā€™m sitting in envy over here. :green_heart: At some point Iā€™ll take a lettering class.

Does each color represent a Doctor?

1 Like

Wow, @curiousfaeā€™s Dr Who card is cool (and the accompanying card is so pretty!) And love the reflective nature of @coryjoā€™s card.

I got a card today, too. Itā€™s from @irid3sc3nt and (appropriate for her username) itā€™s also very reflective!

Itā€™s for my fortune-from-a-fortune-cookie theme. She said itā€™s a fortune she actually received in a cookie in 2020. She did the cookie with Bruynzeel (?) colored pencils and embellished it with a paper from stash (the scalloped-edge paper).

Thanks so much, Carissa! I love it! Also love the things that came with it: the beautiful New Yearā€™s envelope with a ship and leaping fish, and the cute outer envelope with all the cat faces.

9 Likes

Confessionā€¦. I did not letter the number on the atc. I just happen to have sticker numbers on hand so I used them. But after I sent it I totally admonished myself for not free handing it. Why wouldnā€™t I?!?

I did letter the envelope, which was fun and turned out cool but caused some issues with the usps. Apparently they were not amused. Lesson learned!

The colors mimic the shirt the 13th doctor wears. Sheā€™s my fave so far.

4 Likes

I had no idea it was a sticker number! You did a great job mimicking her shirt! She actually wore a more practical outfit with her suspenders and pantsā€¦I loved the 4th Dr but his scarf always seemed dangerous to me and I imagine got quite dirtyā€¦lolā€¦poop on the Post Officeā€¦I donā€™t remember them being so fussy beforeā€¦after all, it is groups like ours that continue to use snail mail!

2 Likes

USPS can go pound sand. Iā€™m so mad at them, mostly at the postmaster general. They should be happy to have any kind of mail. Theyā€™re pricing themselves out of everything.

3 Likes

February swap is up!

3 Likes

Sent in my Q! Not sure Iā€™ll be able to do quite as many as I did last time around, but Iā€™m looking forward to playing again. :smiley:

3 Likes

Sent in my Q as well. I may only make one atc this round, but weā€™ll see.

3 Likes

Iā€™m swapping ATCs in the IYP, so I need to devote my card-making mojo to that first. I may join later in the round if I have any left.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in, too! May just make a fewā€¦ weā€™ll see.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a long time since I did an ATC swap on LC. Sent in my Q

3 Likes

Iā€™ve received this lovely Japanese themed ATC from @AIMR ! Thank you so very much Ms. Linda! I love and appreciate everything youā€™ve sent.

Hereā€™s a picture of the wonderful card and goodies she sent:

Hereā€™s a better view of the wonderful ATC, she used Japanese book paper, origami paper and sharpie and watercolor pens.

This beautiful Handmade ornament (which will go up with my other cloth ornaments) that i absolutely love! The materials used give a feel to me of the wonderful oriental culture.

And last but definitely not least, pages from a Japanese book, origami paper, and this beautiful hand screened card. Itā€™s just beautiful!

Once again, thank you very much for choosing my theme and creating such an adorable ATC!

6 Likes

Adorable card and beautiful extras!
Sorry if Iā€™m hogging claims; everyoneā€™s themes are so inspiring! Promise Iā€™ll stop now (at least until Iā€™ve completed a few).

1 Like

You are so welcome! I am always excited to share my personal Japanese heritage because it also helps me learn and appreciate it.

lol I sometimes wish I could send Japanese food because it would force me to learn how to cook more things than the half dozen recipes I know! ha ha!

2 Likes

I like going to H Mart to the candy aisle :face_with_peeking_eye:
Itā€™s just a fun place to go in general, but mostly we get ingredients for pho and ramen.
I only eat sushi if it has the rice or soy paper instead of nori.

My friendā€™s husband is half Korean and whenever he goes into a Korean restaurant the staff gets him the best stuff. He hardly speaks any Korean, just enough to say a few things.

3 Likes

Signed up for February!

5 Likes

Iā€™m in for February too. :slight_smile: :art:

4 Likes

All the ATCs are so awesome! So I gave in and sent in my questionnaire. Now to make my list!
Maimun

7 Likes

Hi @Maimun ! Nice to see you. I remember swapping with you. :blush:

Just letting some of our regular swappers know that we have a new badge for those that host swaps. We will be giving it out quarterly. To be in the running, just start a swap!

Star Organizer -
Youā€™re a star in our eyes for keeping the swap boards going!
Swaps are amazing and only happen because wonderful people organize them. These people come up with new, exciting, and fresh ideas and take the time to keep them rolling. This little thank you will go out to one person each quarter who knocked it out of the park and was our STAR ORGANIZER! We thank you!

7 Likes