Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

Dad jokes is an excellent theme. I ask my husband occasionally if he has a new one. It takes my son a beat then he groans and throws a pillow while I’m laughing hysterically.

5 Likes

Ooh, I love seeing your theme collection all together!

Is there a thread/should we start a thread for sharing themed ATC collections? I think it would be fun to see!

At my house I’m the one telling the “dad jokes” while my husband rolls his eyes :joy:

I cut my hair really short this summer (it had been almost down to my waist before the cut). Ive been growing the top portion of it and keeping the sides buzzed. So I told my kids,

“You know, at first I didn’t like my short hair…”

“But then it grew on me.”

My teenager wasn’t impressed, but my 9-year-old thought it was hilarious :laughing:

I didn’t make that one up, but I forget where I first heard it.

5 Likes

See, I’m right there with the 9yo!

2 Likes

I received from @kayrun for my Count theme!

And some fun extras:

Thanks, Karen!

11 Likes

I received from @coryjo for my watercolor theme…. Thanks so much!
It’s lovely (photo doesn’t really do it justice)

10 Likes

Sorry I’ve been MIA! I finally git a chance to make a claim. And even though I’ve been quiet I’m always lurking this gallery and I’m always inspired by what I see.

3 Likes

Awesome job on the Count @kayrun! Definitely an icon from my childhood.

3 Likes

Another Count card, this time from @LindyBlues. There’s a “censored” Count video, where someone has taken what I assume is totally innocuous footage of the Count singing about counting and imposed bleeps such that it sounds like he is NOT singing about counting. This card us based on that (blurred for implied obscenity only :laughing:).

Thanks, Mariana!

6 Likes

I had a lot of fun making this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, that is so funny!

2 Likes

Got a “candy” card for my daughter’s collection from @megwell who says it’s masterboard-flavored:

9 Likes

I received 2 ATCs from @thanate today, for my sunflower theme.

I am in absolute awe of this sewn sunflower!!!

How did you make this??? It’s beautiful!

And I love this one also (I think it’s oil pastels):

Thank you; I will cherish them both :heart:

12 Likes

You are so lucky to receive one of @thanate’s beautifully stitched pieces! They are so gorgeous and well done…I am in awe of her skills!

1 Like

That count is great!

1 Like

The stitching is machine embroidery, so the “skill” part is lining up the card (which does take a little practice) & choosing patterns & thread colors. :wink: Both cards have watercolor backgrounds, & the drawn one is oil pastel with a little etching for details.

2 Likes

You have taken it to a new level with the additional details…I love your work.

3 Likes

And a map from @LindyBlues :green_heart:

9 Likes

Pretty accurate! ha ha Clever map, indeed!

1 Like

It’s beautiful!

I don’t even know how to use a sewing machine at all, so I am really impressed with your sewing skills!

1 Like