Ongoing Christmas Ornament Swap Discussion and Gallery

I thought I participated last year but it’s been since 2020 :open_mouth:
Seriously debating joining! do I need more christmas decorations… hmmm…

7 Likes

Hey all, I’ll be adding new swappers and updating the claims list after work during the week. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Join us! You can never have too many handmade ornaments. You could always ask for ornaments for other seasons or as gifts for family & friends!

7 Likes

Just sent in my info. yeah!

7 Likes

Woo! Got the first couple steps of crafting my ornament done! Idea, supplies, first round of crafting. Now I need to do a few days of concentrated effort!

I am limiting myself to one ornament at a time to make sure I don’t lose track. I am learning how to live my life with my newly diagnosed adhd: one craft at a time. :wink:

7 Likes

Finished my first ornament!

5 Likes

I’ve added a few more items to my ornament wishlist as I seem to have temporarily frozen the flurry of claims.

3 Likes

It’s not you, or your list. Peoples’ ability to claim just fluctuates depending on other swap / life responsibilities, etc. Don’t worry!

5 Likes

I hadn’t considered that. I should have though! I’m restricting myself to only 1 claim at a time, no matter how much I might want to craft a particular ornament. I don’t get to claim again until I’ve completed that ornament.

3 Likes

And “one at a time” is why i am not claiming you. :wink: Gotta finish this first ornament!

4 Likes

Same for me! I’ve been pretty busy lately so I don’t want to commit to more ornaments than I can make.

I’ve been thinking all week about the ornament I’m making for my partner and I think I’ll make it tomorrow or Friday night. It’s going to be a different craft than what I usually make but I’m excited to try it out.

6 Likes

And I haven’t claimed anybody yet because I don’t feel ready to claim just yet. No worries! We are all busy!

6 Likes

I received this adorable Sloth in a Santa hat from @Tapestry!

Isn’t it the cutest? Thank you!

12 Likes

How adorable! Is it clay…?

1 Like

It is! With acrylic detail added.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you like him! I’ve been wanting to do an art piece with that sort of Scandinavian folk art style for awhile and this felt like the perfect opportunity.

1 Like

So cool! Love it - great start to the gallery!

1 Like

Not sure my skill in _____ is high enough for the effect I want to achieve but I’ve got another idea for how to accomplish that part.

5 Likes

You’re going to drive @AIMR crazy using ___ :joy:

3 Likes

He’s surprisingly difficult to get a good picture of but @endymion made me the coolest robot ornament!! He lights up! Now off to try to convince my husband we should put up the tree in October…

I’ve got some swap anxiety now :grimacing:

12 Likes