Ongoing Christmas Ornament Swap Discussion and Gallery

I used @Bunny1kenobi’s STS bottle lights to make him light up. So glad he still works! I’m hoping his eyes stay put (if not, a drop of hot glue should re-attach them.)

2 Likes

Ohhhh! I really want to see him lit up now! He’s adorable.

2 Likes

He’s lit up, in the picture.
Here’s a link to the project, so you can see the difference between lit and unlit.

7 Likes

That robot is amazing!

4 Likes

Love love love! :robot:

2 Likes

Hoping to claim soon, but were I work/my family situation makes claiming Tapestry a worry, so I’ll wait until she lets me know how she feels.

4 Likes

I snagged @tapestry right up before reading this!

@endymion, your ornaments are always so create and now I want a cool robot! I love it! Hmmmmm I wonder if your tin birds can be made smaller and safely? A flock of those in my room and a flock on my tree? Yes, I told you…obsession.

Anyway, I adore that robot! I’m excited to see what everyone else is coming up with!

4 Likes

I’m also eager to see everyone else’s ornaments! I finished my ornament for @Tapestry. It should go in the mail on Monday.
…or rather, on Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday.

6 Likes

I’ve got my 2 ornaments ready to be mailed on Tuesday! (I think the post office is closed for Indigenous People’s Day tomorrow)

4 Likes

Ok, a bit more work tonight, and i will be able to mail out tues or wed! Yay!

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get in some good time on @Cindy’s ornament tonight!

3 Likes

I claimed Cindy because I am done with my first ornament! Mailing out Wed or Thurs, depends on work schedule and how bad I feel from my booster shot today.

5 Likes

I finished the other claims I made (although one still needs to be mailed), so I made another claim. I may need to stop claiming soon to work on family holiday stuff, though. At this time of year, my family starts giving me a hard time if they see me crafting for LC swaps instead of making Christmas gifts for them!

7 Likes

Argh! I went to use a critical tool for the ornament I’m working on…only to discover my craft room has eaten it. :sob: Pivot time.

4 Likes

My pivot wasn’t terrible. Not as clean as I’d like, but not terrible. Now if steps 3-7 go well I might not have to scrap my original idea and start over at the 11th hour.

Meanwhile, I claimed @endymion because I’ve had a particular ornament in mind since she first posted her list! Probably my last ornament claim though as I need to focus on the Santa Sack swap.

6 Likes

Sent my ATC today to @endymion ! Whew! Cutting that too close! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am usually the queen of “cutting it too close”, so no worries!

Can’t wait to see what you’ve made!

3 Likes

It’s on your list! :grin:

And in my defense… I thought, for whatever reason that it wasn’t due until the 17th, which I think is something else. In any case, Mr Juju​:joy:, has left for the PO to mail swaps I owe. Your other you are packaged with it. :blush:

2 Likes

I will be sending out to @Immaculata tomorrow, alas, on the very last day to send. The booster shot has me down for the count yesterday & today. Not trusting myself to drive like this. Thank goodness for delivery services for my dinner!

3 Likes

But at least I can start my next one tonight!

1 Like