Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Such a tiny little quilt! Beautiful!

Two ornaments arrived today.
A very festive little bird with beautiful blue wings from @marionberries is hanging on our audiolight. I love the fun colors!

Just nearby is the orange tabby with a B that @Lynx made for my son’s birthday. The stitch work is beautiful! Such a sweet cat!
We both have been reading Fruits Basket manga and B loves Kyo who turns into an orange tabby if hugged by a girl.

Thank you both for these delights!

6 Likes

Yes, that’s why there is a button in the center. I had these left over strips from making masks so gave it a try. I’m glad it was only a few squares. I’m glad you love it

2 Likes

Glade you like it @AuFish. Little birds are fun.

2 Likes

What a sweet, well-fed bird! I’m glad my cat ornament is loved!

I received the most amazing woodpecker ornament today! @Tapestry I hope you make your own post about it so everyone can see it and read about the technique you used. I’m curious!

Look how amazing this is! It is so textured and dimensional. Check it out from the side:

This is one of my favorite kinds of woodpecker. So pretty!

Thank you so much!

9 Likes

Love @marionberries’ quilted square and happy bird! @Lynx, your kitty cat is adorable! And @Tapestry, that woodpecker is amazing! I hope you do share the technique.

2 Likes

I received from @Lynx today as well! Which is pretty funny as she sent the package ages ago. Silly post office!

@Lynx made me a fun little magic 8 ball! I never would have thought of that for a 2020 ornament but it really fits. Thank you!

The woodpecker ornament I sent is just layered polymer clay used to “paint.” I’ve made a separate post about it here.

6 Likes

Your woodpecker is so much cooler than the magic 8 ball, but I still think it’s funny, and hope you like it. I’m so glad it found its ways to you!

1 Like

that magic 8 ball is clever!
i am sending all three of my claims tomorrow! this was really fun. i hope it becomes a tradition. such a fun way to decorate your tree with stuff from our crafty tribe!

4 Likes

Indeed, the magic 8 ball is very fitting. Love the woodpecker - that 3d look is awesome.
2 claims sent today, and one more just needs a finishing touch!

3 Likes

Pfft, I love my new magic 8 ball, thank you!

2 Likes

They really are! Even the troll of a mockingbird in the neighborhood that makes various alarm noises. He likes to keep me in my toes.

1 Like

Love this as a 2020 memory ornament!

The magic 8 ball is awesome! I finished up my ornament for @curiousfae . Brought it to work with me to package it up, and then I plan to mail it on my way home at 8am tomorrow.

@Tapestry, what a sweet little woodpecker. I love the dimensional technique.
@Lynx that kitty looks just like our little ginger foster kitty.

Sirius is about 2 weeks old here.
And that stuck in 2020 magic 8 ball is hilarious!

6 Likes

I received the best non-traditional Santa from @endymion. I am still chuckling over this bad-(deleted) Santa. Shaved head, day-old white beard, tattoos, and his little behind (last picture). This is definitely a non-traditional Santa. I love him.

13 Likes

He is so cool!! Born to sleigh…killing it! How did you make his head, @endymion?

1 Like

She said it was a gourd and the body is a wooden diorama ornament and his legs are paper shoe supports that come with new shoes. Creative! The legs dangle like a bell clapper. So he boogies too!

3 Likes

This Santa is FANTASTIC!!! Made me laugh!

1 Like

I’m glad you like him, @marionberries! His body is actually cardboard— one of those blank cardboard diorama ornaments turned on its side. He was inspired by some funny ceramic or pottery bells I saw online. Because I cannot do ceramics, I did a quieter, gourd-and-paper version.

2 Likes

I needed a good chuckle. Oh my, the mistletoe! That is not a Santa to mess with!

2 Likes