Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

@marionberries The tassels and spring add just the right amount of movement and sparkle to that cpu.

@Camelama Great job altering the tin into a cute house. Love all the kitties!

@Tapestry The combinations of different shapes in the art doll is intriguing. I love the dancing feet.

Here is the ornaments I sent on the rainbow theme awhile back to @Prickly . I was inspired by rain chimes and combined the rainbow theme with the monster theme for something fun.

They can be hung individuality as well, by separating them at the sitch markers.

It was a load of fun to make.

14 Likes

Oh, how fun! So cute and I love that it is interactive! I hope all is well with @Prickly and and she is enjoying this!

2 Likes

So cute!

2 Likes

Aaargh! I work on projects for a couple days, and come back to this thread to find it’s exploded. Again!

I want the altered tin house! Including all the kitties that I cannot have IRL due to DH’s allergies. So sparkly!

The CPU ornie is cool. May have to think of something like that for my DH, who works in IT.

That art doll! So much quirky personality… Love it!

And what a colorful array of rainbow monsters! Great crochet work, and I love all the little details like the teeny Christmas lights.

This swap just keeps on giving!

:star_struck:

3 Likes

I looked at SO MANY vintage illustrations, trying to find three cats that matched your foster kittens! Sooooo many, that Pinterest & Etsy & Google now seem to feed me cats 100% of the time now! LOL

I settled on the three cats in those two matching scenes, one from outside and the other from inside.

6 Likes

I love the whole cat theme. We have two forever cats and the fosters come and go. i love that little pic of them all.

3 Likes

And another early morning delivery from @AIMR . What a lovely package and a great way to add extras…umm wrapping to a package.

A sweet little snow-covered house with more kittens, a wreath and sparkling jewels. I am in kitten heaven. And a perfect quote on the back. The wrapping fabric is so fun. We were playing I Spy with it this morning. Pheasants and quail and chickens and turkeys oh my. And some I will just have to look up. thank you so much.

6 Likes

So glad it made it to you intact! I hope the glitter attached to the “snow” did not fall off too badly! I debated using glitter but it needed some bling! lol

I probably have thirty of those red boxes that I have been hauling around since the 90’s! They held gift cards my old company handed out to employees and everyone saved me their box! lol

The fabric is fun and from my local quilt shop, Fran’s Sewing Circle…all of the fabrics in that line are full of creatures…I thought you would enjoy it for any number of projects (and I had no gift wrap! lol)…

6 Likes

Oh, cuteness overload! I love this sweet little house o’kitties, too! So thoughtful!

Fun fact: these new little houses get to be side by side in the newest collage!

2 Likes

I received from @marionberries this week and she declared she has broke all the rules and is going to Lettuce Craft jail. :see_no_evil: She made me not one, but TWO ornaments! One of my suggestions was an ornament for my son or daughter and she made them each one. Isn’t that so sweet of her?? Here they are!

The car one is for my son James. He’s three and loves anything cars/vehicles. (And red is his favorite color!)

This is Luna’s ornament with an Animal Crossing theme! (At least I think so!) It’s got everything: her initial, “20” for 2020, a little flipflop charm, a little character charm, a butterfly charm, some butterflies, and a little frog who looks suspiciously like a frog villager!

And for a bonus (told ya she broke some rules!) she sent these two gorgeous glass tear drop type ornaments. They’re so gorgeous and have a shimmery gold shine to them! (Did you make them @marionberries?)

Thank you so much for the wonderful ornaments! I haven’t given them to the children yet* but I shall rewrap them and share their reactions when I do!! Thank you so much @marionberries!

*mostly because I was afraid I wouldn’t get them back to photograph so I told myself I had to photograph them first

10 Likes

I love this little ornament so much! And that fabric is fabulous!

1 Like

What fun ornaments! Yes, we must think of a fitting punishment for breaking the Lettuce Craft rules! How about some extra crafting? Oh, wait…

2 Likes

Lettuce Craft jail sounds fun actually! Take me there.

I couldn’t resist making an ornament for each. I know nothing about animal crossing so the frog was my lame attempt. The rest of the bits were for fun. The little car ornament was a blast to make to.

The glass teardrops were given to me years ago, I love them, but I have 3 boxes of them! So they get used once in a while in crafts, hung on the tree, or gifted for fun.

Have a very merry holiday season!

7 Likes

No, it’s pretty well glued down, but I keep seeing random tiny glints of light on the floors. It’s either elves or glittery swap ornament dandruff. I prefer to assume that it is elves. Now if they would make me toys or shoes or do housework, that would be perfect.

3 Likes

So many cute ornaments added!
Kitties and kiddos and sparkles!

1 Like

Those kiddo ornaments are fabulous…

2 Likes

I have been quite intrigued by elves and gnomes these past few years… @HeroicHatchling picked these theme and boy, did I get a lovely and fun ornament! I am a greedy little piggy because now I want a whole army of these little guys!

The beard is so soft and full…thanks so much!

12 Likes

Glad you like him. I was required to make an army for my kiddos after I made yours, but most of them have made their way to new homes now. Thanks for the inspiration. 2 gnomes have been claimed by the kids as playmates and will stay here. The beard is made of a feather boa that I stole from the dress-up chest.

4 Likes

lol I have a feather boa, but unfortunately it is pink…hmmm…gnomes could have pink beards, right? lol

2 Likes

I think if I made my kids a pink flamingo themed gnome (or a unicorn gnome or a fairy gnome) with a pink beard they’d be ecstatic, so I’d say go for it! :smile:

4 Likes