Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

I’m still crafting out of boxes. We were planning on making craft storage in the garage, but it needs work before that can happen. There should be a Crafting Through Chaos badge for everyone this year.

I really want to claim @roler, but need to make sure that my hand and mind can sketch the same thing first. The idea is hilarious.

5 Likes

Yeah, half my stash is still in boxes from Japan. I haven’t unpacked because I want to be able to take those boxes to my own apartment when I move there, but I had been staying with my parents until I got a job here first, and then covid and… Well, eventually I’ll get back to my plans, I hope! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just think of all the calories we burn searching for the supplies in the meantime. As long as we don’t strain anything, we can earn a cookie.

2 Likes

So I finished another of my claims last night. (Well, technically early this morning. :grin: )

Planning on finishing the third one over the weekend (along with items for some other swaps I’m doing right now) and mailing on Monday so I can just do one visit to the post office.

3 Likes

Your claim is done and I started @roler’s yesterday.

2 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to see.

The tracking info says The ornament I made for @AuFish is out for delivery by 4:15pm. I’m nervous because there is a fragile component. Crossing my fingers, hoping it arrives intact!
:grimacing: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well, it looks like we’ve been so busy claiming that we need to see some of these travel before a bunch of us can claim :slight_smile: That’s exciting because we’ve had a lot of fun!

I hope as the month goes on we see more people join in!

3 Likes

The package arrived and was very well insulated. It is so wonderfully perfect! I don’t have any Christmas decorations up yet, so I made do with my kitchen cabinet and a hair tie.

A goldfish with sparkly gravel (sequins) in its bowl. The tiny goldfish is so well done. Way to work that thread @endymion! I’m not sure that this will just be a Christmas decoration. I love it! Thanks so much!

10 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad it didn’t break, and that you like it!

1 Like

Wow! @endymion, you outdid yourself! That is amazing!

2 Likes

I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!! It is SO cute and amazingly creative and will look amazing on a tree!!

3 Likes

I just finished my ornament for @endymion! I’ll try to get it in the mail on Monday. :slight_smile: I still haven’t decided exactly what Animal Crossing thing I’m gonna do for @Lynx, so I’m working on the bird for @AuFish right now. This is so fun!

3 Likes

Hooray! I’m so into this swap, and so eager to see what everyone makes!

2 Likes

Just finished my magnet for AuFish and hope to mail it Monday as well! I’m really really enjoying this swap too and hope that I can make some more claims after these first ornaments arrive! :slight_smile: I spent all of today just making those two ornaments. It was so relaxing and fun, and now I’m gonna work on the Animal Crossing one for Lynx2Lancer and my goal for tonight is to at least settle on a design and plan the ornament. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey all, each time you send, that opens a new spot to claim. You don’t need to wait for it to be received.

4 Likes

I do love making ornaments, because I can typically finish one in a few hours. (Although the “almost finished!” vibe can lure me into staying up too late…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BUT I’ve really got to try to exercise some self-control on claiming until I finish up projects for some other swaps. For the first time, I maxed out my swap signups, so I’m juggling lots of projects. Whee! Lots of fun!

This round of swaps has really brought back my crafting mojo, which had lapsed for a while.

5 Likes

So I finished up ornaments for both of you, @roler and @Lynx. Hoping to get them in the mail Monday unless things go crazy at work.

Had also hoped to get one more project done for another swap… but I went a little crazy on the RBG ornament so it took a lot longer than I had planned.

1 Like

I am about 60-70% done with @roler’s, so I may hold off and mail @endymion’s at the same time. I have a pattern for @AuFish that I am excited about!

2 Likes

85% finished with @Lynx
Redrawing guitar pattern for @endymion since it currently looks like a peanut with a pacifier. Maybe caffeine and candy will help.
Waiting on crafting supplies for @roler.

3 Likes

All three of my ornaments (for @Lynx, @endymion, and @AuFish) are in the mail! XD

2 Likes