Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Awesome! You can claim again!

1 Like

Mailed out ornaments to @roler and @Lynx today. Excuse me while I duck out for a bit to work on other swaps…

2 Likes

Yay! I’m looking forward to claiming again, but I’m also trying to give @Raury or @lifeinpigtails a chance to claim, so we can mix it up a bit. I think all of us who have posted at all have already claimed each other once! XD Come and join in the fun, everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry, my ideas are percolating. I just need to get my two $5 challenge crafts at a point that I’m happy with before I’m overwhelmed. :smiley:

3 Likes

So today was up and down. A beautiful day where I had a nice 1.4 mile walk with teacher friends at lunch. Then a huge low where I learned a teacher tested positive for the virus and while I did not have close contact, I had minimal contact. We shared a student that I had for an hour, but the school nurse feels pretty confident I am low risk of contracting, but will work from home the next few days, ( ignore the fact that was rambling grammar as it has been a day!) to a big high of this amazing RBG ornament from @endymion! I wish you could all feel it!!

Oh, wait, did I mention that this is only the back?

Be prepared for the coolest hoop ornament!

I cannot wait to proudly hang her on my tree!!

Pam, the one I sent you is nowhere near as intricate, but I hope you love yours as much.

Thank you so much!

11 Likes

I’m sure I will love it! I told you I went way overboard on RBG. She meant a lot to me. :cry: Fingers crossed that your stay-at-home order will be totally unnecessary. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Wow, wow, WOW! What an amazing portrait!!

And @Lynx, I do hope you are healthy and safe!

1 Like

Great job @endymion, especially with portraiture. The back is gorgeous too!

2 Likes

Amazing. I need to get to a good point in my swaps so I can play.

2 Likes

I received my amaaaaazing Animal Crossing ornament from @endymion!!!

It’s one of my absolute favorite characters, Blathers the museum curator owl! XD

Thank you sooooo much! He’s perfect!! So adorable! He looks all ready to tell me alllll about my latest fish or fossil find (he’s far too happy to be talking about bugs)!

9 Likes

He is so cute and so perfect!

1 Like

Woo hoo! Glad he arrived and that you like him. I do enjoy making felt ornaments. And using sequins!

1 Like

How adorable!!

You are very talented with felt @endymion :smiley:

3 Likes

Blathers looks amazing! Great used if sequins once again @endymion!

The ornament for @Lynx is ready to send, but the post office will close before I can get there, so I will ship it in the morning.

Those for @endymion and @roler are about halfway, but need to sit awhile before the next step.

3 Likes

Yay! I got my “Notorious RBG” ornament from @Lynx. I love it!!!

My husband loves the fact that the back says, “Merry Resistmas”!

Look at the artsy masterboard, the awesome quote, and all the cool embellishments! The pom pom trim is especially fun.

I love that we actually used exactly the same picture of RBG as the basis for both our ornaments.

Thanks, @Lynx, I love her so much! The swap has been so fun!!!

5 Likes

I also received a fabulous ornament from @roler today! It’s a Christmas cat!

It’s so Christmasy- bright red with green holly accent. And the cutest little jingle bell on its collar.

The ribbon print is cheery!

Thanks, @roler! I love it!!!

4 Likes

Hooray for more RBG love and respect! The trim is both Christmassy and reminds me of her collars. :slight_smile:

And yay, I’m glad you like the cat! I definitely wanted to use the bell and some beads for the holly, and I chose red for the body so it would stand out against a green tree.

1 Like

And speaking of Christmassy cats, I got mine from @Lynx!

It’s a darling snowman/cat/cupcake hybrid! And it even pops out of its little round cupcake! Such a cute and creative idea! Thank you!! XD

(Also, for a split second, when I saw the very beginning of the return address on the package, I wondered if I’d sent someone a self-addressed envelope or something, because not only are we both Lauras, L2L’s handwriting is eerily similar to mine!)

4 Likes

@endymion and @roler, I’m glad you both liked your ornaments! I wish I could take credit for the masterboard, but it received from another swap and I’m pretty sure it was smmarrt or geekgirl’s work. It was fun to use in a new way!

@AuFish I just finished your ornament, so it will be in the mail soon!

2 Likes

Hooray for @lifeinpigtails joining us! I’ve been having SO much fun with this swap, I couldn’t resist snapping her right up! I’m currently working on my second ornament for @Lynx, and it’s coming along nicely!

3 Likes