Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Shoot. Should have added bubble wrap. Well, glad bird was there as a backup. :heartbeat:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, so many amazing ornaments since last time I popped in here! And I love the collage! What a creative group!! <3 <3 <3

I realize now that I need to put one of @marionberries beautiful prayer flags on my wishlist! As a bird lover, ahhh…so pretty!

I’ve been watching a lot of Hallmark movies lately, and the ornament from @endymion reminds me of some tree toppers I was seeing on a movie I watched last night. She really can find a way to make magic with all those bits and bobs!

I’m loving all these needle felted goodies from @curiousfae! I have lots of atcs from her, so it is extra special to see her use another gift of hers! The snowman is such a pretty scene! The little house looks so cozy!

Aww, @endymion, how awesome is it that you and I have a pair of fuck 2020 ornaments on our trees! The funny part? The one I had had ordered from Etsy arrived with a few pieces broken too, and my seller sent me a replacement. You know I also adore that gorgeous bird ornament too. Nice job, @saintcady!

1 Like

Tomorrow’s the last day to make claims! I will be making the last claim and closing claiming for the year around 8-9 EST tomorrow, so get your claiming in while you still can!

1 Like

Working on three ornaments at once…fun. Lots of bits, paint, glue and help from the cats. One of the ornaments is personal.

This swap has so many wonderful ideas and techniques. It’s a Pinterest board all by itself.

5 Likes

Ack! It’s the cutest Adipose ever! He’s so festive!

We don’t have our tree up yet, so he’s hanging with me in the office for now. Thank you @Lynx, I love it!

9 Likes

Aww look at the tiny hat and paper chain on the tiny adipose. So precious! Putting him on a clothes pin was a great idea!

So funny! Watch out for where he decides to hang out after the holidays!

Second collage! You can see both together on the sign up thread.

8 Likes

I’m so glad you like him! I made him out of paper mache! That was the first time I’d ever sculpted anything like that.

5 Likes

love seeing all these lovely ornaments together!

@marionberries never fails to deliver the unique! Look what I got! Not only do I get to enjoy this ornament over the holidays, but it will live in my craft room all year long because I do like spiders!

Thanks bunches!

5 Likes

I’m not a spider fan, but that lady (?) is very pretty and intricate. I can see why you love it!

Two more hours or so left to claim. I’ll be making the last claim in a couple hours…sometime around 8-9 pm.

1 Like

Very cool spider!!!

1 Like

She is very elegant and lovely.

She is kin to one I received years ago in a swap that lives on my bathroom mittor., no memory of the giver. But this one is made from my mom’s old jewelry, so she has some history.

3 Likes

I saw that you closed us up on schedule, @Lynx. What an epic swap! I think you deserve some kind of medal for organizing this massive thing… It has surely been a major feat of coordination, and you have done an amazing job with it. Can’t wait to see the rest of the ornaments!

7 Likes

I agree! Thank you, @Lynx for all the work you put into organizing this swap and keeping everything straight! Also, thank you for the photo collages that make it so much easier to see all the ornaments!

3 Likes

Agreed! Thank you SO much, @Lynx, for all your hard work! This swap has been one of my all-time favorites!!

3 Likes

So glad I got to play with you all! Thanks @Lynx!

And still working on my ornament to mail out to @marionberries, I forgot things take so long to dry here in the rainy winter. Got the heat lamp out to help move things along! :slight_smile:

2 Likes