Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Thanks!!

A collage was suggested…and I listened!

There are more started in a new collage, but the page isn’t finished yet. And, there are more ornaments in transit and being crafted, so many more to come! I’ve even added the crafter’s name to the ornament they made.

Enjoy!

11 Likes

I love the collage! How fun! This has been a fantastic swap!

3 Likes

Look at the cute penguin scene I received from Tapestry! Thanks, @Tapestry ! Until i get my tree up it will hang on the wall near my desk at home. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That’s super sweet!

From @marionberries
I love this idea! A mini flag. I want more of these. So good! Beautiful piecing too.

From @endymion
Retro! This shape and color are so nostalgic and iconic. Beautiful. I’m astonished how you can take random elements and make them into something. Like the faux metal piece at the top, it’s perfect!

Thank you! Thinking of putting my tree up today. These will be my first ornaments on my tree.

11 Likes

@Tapestry I love the north pole and that super cute penguin. They traveled a long way from the south pole just for Christmas! Santa needs all the helpers he can get. Sweet.

1 Like

@curiousfae I am glad you love your little cardinal prayer flag. Yes, I think you need more!

And @endymion how cute and retro. Love the little shiny details.

1 Like

The penguin scene is super cute, @Tapestry. Is that a clear plastic half-sphere on top? So inventive, and adorable!

And I love, love, love that cardinal flag, @marionberries. What a great idea, and so well-done!

1 Like

I love the look of the layered snow and cute little hat on the penguin! @Tapestry

The cardinal is beautiful and the died fabric and great highlights to his wing. @marionberries

The shape and colors are great for the retro ornament. I especially like the starburst at the bottom! @endymion

2 Likes

I received two ornaments from @curiousfae and she is a felting goddess.

The first is an adorable snowman waving his arms around to welcome snow.

And the second is the cutest little felted house with felted windows and a door and even smoke coming out of the felted chimney. So awesome.

Thank you so much.

6 Likes

I received two ornaments from @curiousfae and she is a felting goddess.

The first is an adorable snowman waving his arms around to welcome snow.

And the second is the cutest little felted house with felted windows and a door and even smoke coming out of the felted chimney. So awesome.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Those felted ornaments are very cool, @curiousfae! I’ve not had enough courage to try felting yet.

@marionberries I LOVE the little flag/cardinal ornament. Beautiful work! :christmas_tree:

It is! I need to make another layered scene now or something along those lines to use the other half :laughing:.

Love the prayer flag and felted ornaments! That’s so cool!

2 Likes

The green buttons on the snowman are a nice touch! Such a wonderful tiny house, too. @curiousfae

1 Like

Everytime I check this gallery, I’m awed by the the variety and TALENT!

1 Like

So much awesome stuff! I love the layers of the snowglobe and that fuzzy friendly snowman. The flag is such a cool idea! And I’ve never seen an etched jar ornament - all the variety and originality in this thread is very inspiring.

Some wonderful pieces in this gallery! I don’t know how I missed this swap but seeing as there is one more day, I am gonna PM my info and hope I can get in by the skin of my teeth.

3 Likes

I received from @saintcady! They claimed me for 2020, and they made the same cool laser-cut ornament that @Lynx posted early in this thread.

Blurred for language.

Alas! It arrived broken in 2 places…
:pleading_face:

But @saintcady was prepared for that possibility, because she also made a bird ornament!

I love, love, love both of them! The bird has already been placed on my tree, and I’ll try to fix the 2020 one if I can. Thanks so much!

5 Likes