Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Thank you for teaching me the term ‘delft blue.’ That is exactly what this looks like!

2 Likes

So many gorgeous ornaments! I just finished mine to send off…now I just need an address to send it to.

2 Likes

I really miss the sweat shop ornament swap…why? Because I want all the ornaments! I am going to need a tree with nothing but handcrafted ornaments! They are all so wonderfully done!

I have one to finish and yes, I am also sad and glad to be done before the holidays…

4 Likes

Yeah, I love that swap! I didn’t want to take that from Gator Wranglor when I suggested this ongoing one. Maybe next year we’ll be able to run both this and the sweat shoppe one!

2 Likes

Oh, this is really gorgeous! I’d keep it out year round, too!

1 Like

Maybe we should alternate years… the sweat shoppe one was lots of fun also! But probably too much for me, to do both.

1 Like

Maybe, although I think there is possibly a market for both. Some people don’t like ongoing style and prefer the format of the sweat shoppe style. Other people may prefer this style. Some people may have time and interest for both. It’s too early to make any bets for what will happen for next year! Who knows what swapping will look like then, and/or what Gator Wranglor and I will have on our plates!

4 Likes

It’s stamped on white polymer clay. I really don’t like working with white clay because it catches everything. But to achieve this look I had too :smiley:

6 Likes

It really looks like ceramics or porcelain… I love it!

3 Likes

The Sweat Shoppe swap is always way too much for me. I like the ongoing because I can really TRY to control how many claims I make. But as long as people like either swap, go for it.

3 Likes

I received from @mel yesterday and received this beautiful knitted and decorated Christmas Tree!

The cotton is deliciously soft and I’m obsessed with the ribbon-y type glitter thing. I wish you folks could see it in the sun. It’s so awesomely shiny and pretty! (And it doesn’t shed glitter which is always a plus!)

I haven’t put a hanger on her yet. I’ve got her sitting on the windowsill of my kitchen sink window so I can look at all the pretties while I wash 4 million dishes a day. (Can COVID be over so I can send my kids away?! Thanks.)

[Side note: @mel repurposed a Triscuit box to package it in and my daughter and I were loving all the French on it! We did a mini geography lesson of Canada, found Mel’s very-long-city-name on a map and learned a bit about it. I love getting international mail. Makes me feel like I’ve got a bit of the world.)

Thank you @mel! Love my soft, lovely tree!

12 Likes

What a cool tree! Knitters have my utmost respect.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh that tree! Adorable! Want want want!

2 Likes

Same! I can crochet up a storm but knitting…I just swear the whole time and hate my life. :joy:

2 Likes

I love the tiny tree!

2 Likes

That tree is so neat! The glitter tinsel gives it the perfect amount of festiveness!

2 Likes

The tree is beautiful. The contrast between the shimmery tinsel and the more matte balls works so well together.
I’m trying to get to the post office with @saintcady’s hedghog themed ornament before it closes today.

2 Likes

Love the tree! I never thought of knitting a Christmas tree, I may just have to try it. The texture of the stitches makes a great tree.

I sent my ornament off this morning. My kids have now informed me that it was too good to send away and I must now make them each a gnome of their own. sigh On the one hand it is nice to be appreciated, on the other hand my list of things my kids have requested I make them has gotten soooo long I don’t think I’ll ever complete it all.

3 Likes

yay!! it made it!! glad you liked it…i debated putting a hanger on it…i liked how it sat on the table…i might have to make one for myself. and yes. our town name is fantastic…i still dont think my eldest daughter (the 19 y.o.) can spell it yet, but its a great place, on a great lake!

ETA - the pattern…you literally knit a dishcloth, do some fancy folding, stuff it or not, and swear as you stab yourself while trying to sew the damned thing without stabbing yourself. i am pretty sure this would translate to crochet as well. because a square is a square. until its a tree. :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

That is a really fun Christmas tree! I never would have thought to knit one, either!

1 Like