Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

I got this absolutely darling guinea pig from @Riechan!!

Apparently her first attempt was mistaken for a puppy! ^^; I can’t weigh in 'cause I didn’t see that one, but this one most definitely looks like a happy guinea piggy! XD I used to have several guinea pigs as pets when I was a kid, so this makes me really happy! Thanks for this cuddly friend! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@Whistlefish is a master of cross stitch! I can’t believe I got this exquisite ornament for my tree and then my hoopla wall! She chose my “books” theme and boy, did she deliver!

I am just amazed at the details in her tiny stitches…there are decorations on that little tree!

Thanks for picking me!

15 Likes

A cheeky gent, that gp! Hee.

2 Likes

What a cute guinea pig with his little hat! He looks ready to get into something, maybe the cookie jar.

A beautiful hoop! Really, is there any season that isn’t made for reading? Great job on the detail!

4 Likes

The guinea pig is darling!

And the hoop is so beautifully stitched!

2 Likes

That is one cute guinea pig!

The hoop is indeed exquisite! I would definitely display that all year long!

3 Likes

wow, that hoop is amazing!!
Every season is the season to read, so indeed you can hang that aaaaall year long :smiley:

4 Likes

Cute guinea pig and gorgeous cozy cross stitch!

There have been so many fantastic ornaments made to stay out all year this round! I know I’ll be doing that with a few of mine!

Wow, just wow!

2 Likes

I sent my last claim today!

3 Likes

It’s been 14 days since I sent an ornament off to @Whistlefish. I’m starting to worry that it got lost in the mail :grimacing:

1 Like

@AudiobookLover I’ve had my eyes open for it but nothing so far. :confused:

1 Like

Today is the day, I can feel it! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I received from @marionberries today and I am in LOVE. Seriously, it’s so me. I actually can’t believe I didn’t already have a CPU on my tree but problem solved! I love its little details and that even the tassels look techy. :christmas_tree:

I’m a little bummed that @AudiobookLover’s package seems to be wandering a bit. USPS just says “delayed.” Yeah, super helpful guys. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The guinea pig and tree are adorable and I am, as always, incredibly impressed by all the tiny stiches on the lovely hoop! Our tree is finally up and this swap has done lots to help me feel the holidays during this weirdo year. :purple_heart:

13 Likes

I just zoomed in on the computer ornament and saw that there’s an ornament within the ornament, what a great detail!! The holographic tassels are the perfect addition!

I’ve been in the lookout for the ornament you sent I hate when the post office gets slow, especially when they claim ‘out for delivery,’ only to change the status to something like ‘delayed.’ But I’m sure it’ll be here soon. Maybe @Whistlefish and I will receive on the same day :smiley:.

2 Likes

That is so cool!! Love your techy ornament.

1 Like

I heard from my local PO that a big sorting center in both mine and @Whistlefish’s state is backed up with lots of employees out with covid ir quarantine, so that could be the issue.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that @saintcady didn’t have a CPU on her tree either, how did it ever function? I had fun rifling through my box of techie parts from printers, keyboards, and such. The spring is also from a printer if I remember right. And I couldn’t resist adding some steampunk gears just to tie worlds together. BTW making small silver tassels is an exercise in patience. I am rather fumble-fingered with small fiddly bits and boy did I fiddle. One exploded all over the place.

And that little tree, and the feltie guinea piggy, and that hoop. Oh my. This will be the best ornament thread for years to come. You need inspiration, just stroll though this gallery.

8 Likes

We also have a mail delay here…new post people that have been filling in for those who worked so hard during the elections…some of my mail does not get picked up for a few days! I am sure things will get back to “normal” in a few weeks! I just hope the international deliveries make it in time for the holidays!

I finished my last ornament and will mail it out today or tomorrow…I had a blast and now a lot of ideas as well…can’t wait to see more!

@Lynx…I just love your collages of the ornaments…I sure do miss being able to go to a post and just scroll through pictures…

4 Likes

I was going to ‘like’ your comment, but it seemed such an inappropriate thing to like. Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

I received from @Camelama and @Tapestry early Monday morning. Deliveries at weird times these days. I feel for all the postal and other delivery people. It’s holiday, stay at home, covid, all in one hit. Whew.

Anyway, @Camelama sent this perfectly sparkly little house tin. It glitters in the light, has amazing homey pictures, cats, and is also an altered tin. amazing. Extra little cat cards too. Hard to photograph, but who cares, it sparkles! I had to really look at the cat butt one to figure it out. I had it upside down at first. :open_mouth: Thank you
And the three kitten one is a great portrait (by chance) of our current foster kittens. Almost an exact match. Amazing. Our tabby has a white nose and fee and tummy.

From @Tapestry I received this wonderful art doll. She is just adorable and I love her from the bow on her blocky head, her wings, the lovely image on her film canister body, and those little feet are so fun, she dances. And that stoic look on her face, perfect! Thank you

11 Likes