Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

lol I have a feather boa, but unfortunately it is pink…hmmm…gnomes could have pink beards, right? lol

2 Likes

I think if I made my kids a pink flamingo themed gnome (or a unicorn gnome or a fairy gnome) with a pink beard they’d be ecstatic, so I’d say go for it! :smile:

4 Likes

Girl gnomes must have pink beards, at least the pink ones. Right?

2 Likes

Adorable gnome ornament! I’m sure there must be some pink-bearded gnomes out there somewhere…

2 Likes

I received my last ornament claim from @Lynx today! Which is both gorgeous and makes me want to cry because it’s the last and this has been such an awesome swap!

She made a blue character ornament from Among Us for my daughter (who screamed with happiness when she saw the package). But wait, we got 2 ornaments because @Lynx didn’t like the way the glass ornament turned out…but they’re both awesome so :woman_shrugging:.

Thank you, Laura!!!

10 Likes

My last ornament has arrived and he’s such a character! Arthur the hedgie arrive with his emergency towel in hand. Such a cutie and he fits right in! Thank you @AuFish :purple_heart::purple_heart:

10 Likes

All are great! I don’t know why @Lynx didn’t like the glass ornament… But the beaded version is pretty fabulous! And that little hedge is a tiny work of art.

This swap has been SO EPIC!

3 Likes

I’m glad you and your daughter liked the blue character ornaments! I wanted to try making melted wax ornaments, and that part turned out fine, but when I drew the blue character on there, while I thought it was okay…it was just okay. I kept thinking of the awesome woodpecker you made me, and I knew I needed something more. I didn’t want to do felt because I wanted something different! Hence the beaded version was born! This one is special because @GeekyBookworm drew the UFO for it!

I am really impressed with all the teensy detail in @AuFish’s hedgehog! @saintcady, the lights on your tree really make the emergency towel glisten!

3 Likes

I just realized I neglected to comment on the adorable gnome you received as well as the awesome toy ornaments @marionberries sent!

The toy ornaments are such a fun compilation of happiness! I play Animal Crossing and totally see that in the fun frog! I love the truck on the top of J’s ornament! Those teardrops are pretty. That was generous of you to gift those to her as well.

I always wonder what gnomes are up to/thinking since they hide so much of their faces! Great idea to use a boa for the beard!

2 Likes

Ornament goodness. I love them all.

I did put up our artificial 4 foot tree yesterday in our front window. We have a small house and all corners are taken. I added all the soap ornaments, but haven’t gotten out the usual ornaments yet. It looked sparse but really fun.

Felix the black cat proceeded to knock it over right away, no damage. I fluffed it again and tied it to a plant hook in the ceiling. This morning all the fabric and felt ornaments were mysteriously missing. The tree was upright, but one side was smooshed. He even got the ornament on the far side top. I rescued them all, did a bit of repair and I am scheming how to keep a tree without redecorating every day. And no breakables this year.

4 Likes

I see this thread for the first time and MY OH MY, look at all those amazing ornaments!
Great job, everyone!

3 Likes

The gnome is great! Between the sequins and feathery beard, @HeroicHatchling made one full of character. I agree, pink beards can happen, though I’m thinking colored tips would be fun too.

Both blue Ornaments are delightful, but @Lynx have the beaded one has so many intriguing textures,I really love it. My son liked them both, but wanted me to let @Tapestry know that he was glad they’re tree was protected by the tardis, just in case!

I’m glad Arthur and his towel arrived safely, and is being enjoyed, @saintcady! I love working that pattern.

@marionberries I hope you find a way to cat proof your tree. Redressing it daily head to be frustrating.

2 Likes

Heee! Well spotted. We love DW.

@Lynx - I love the little spaceship! Please tell @GeekyBookworm thank you!

1 Like

I have Adipose in my tree, but no TARDIS or Doctors…eek! Maybe next year…

Fun fact: my dad’s name is Arthur.

1 Like

Since right after seeing the first DW Christmas special, we have put a TARDIS in every tree. He would even take one to his grandparents tree when we visited. Now it is something of a tradition. :grin: I can understand, since in that episode, trees started attacking people.

I’m hoping to send out to @roler on Monday.

2 Likes

I sent my last ornament this morning :sob:. This has been the best swap! And I’ve gotten to play with so many different techniques.

6 Likes

I received the cutest ornament from @AIMR today! I absolutely love it. It will be loved for years to come. I love how dainty and intricate it is with the stitching and beads. Just beautiful.

Thanks, @AIMR!!

13 Likes

This is truly very lovely!

1 Like

Oh so sweet! Grabby hands!!

1 Like

It was a subtle nod to the year 2020 with the sort of COVID spikes, but, I also wanted it to match your gorgeous vintage ornaments and tree and be a nod to your partner and you with the sloths! I loved making it…glad you like it!

5 Likes