Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

The shawl-skirt is (finger kiss) PERFECTION!

1 Like

I received from @jillybeans today … isn’t this adorable?! Definitely staying out all year.

9 Likes

I received this darling little dragon from @Camelama today. Thank you so much! He is currently hanging out with the kids stuffed dragons (Duncan and Bluette) waiting for our Christmas tree to be made. We love him!

6 Likes

What an adorable penguin! And that’s a charming dragon, too. Both nicely stitched!

2 Likes

How cute that the penguin has caught a snowflake! Very well done.

Love the dragon, especially the use of satin ribbon as fire!

2 Likes

Aaaa! Look what I got from @endymion !!! So lovely! I took advantage of a rare sunbeam on my lunch break & got photos!

I opened the package and found this wonderful container, and inside it my ornament!

A wee posable elf! I detest the whole elf-on-a-shelf thing, and most gnomes, but this truly fits perfectly into the elfy-gnomey area I adore! It reminds me of 1930s & 40s decorations. And it is cheerful without wackiness, and just PERFECT. Just the right combination of whimsical fairy land, Christmas, felty goodness, cuteness, and cheerfulness. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

I ended up not putting up a tree this year after all, because reasons, but did break out some decor to have around. Here it is with the deer in the forest:

And riding one of my narwhal ornaments that I have hung on the stairway banister:

Oyster, The Inspector Of Everything, got a few good snorfles in, and approved:

Thank you thank you! It’s wonderful and I will smile every time I see it. I can’t wait for next year and will have fun posing it on/with my other ornaments!

9 Likes

I’m so glad it arrived swiftly and safely, and that you like it. It was supposed to be Nordic/Swedish, but I’m sure I got carried away and added too many details… I love the look of minimalism, but have trouble editing myself enough to achieve it!

I love the little wood cylinders, which are great (again and again) for gift-giving. They were sold in a lot of a dozen, I think, and I’ve finally used enough so that I only have 2 left.

4 Likes

I laughed at your note because I am the same way! More more! But this is perfect.

3 Likes

What a cool ornament and way to send it! Thanks for being an awesome angel @endymion

3 Likes

I received the sweetest little ornament from swap angel @photojenn . Check out this darling little guy.

Thank you so much, Jenn! He is adorable!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::octopus:

8 Likes

What a cutie! And the card is lovely, too.

1 Like

Awww! I love the squidgy smooshy tentacles!!!

I received my angel package from @Abbeeroad this morning- it’s great!

(The ball is hard to get a good pic)
When I showed the Child one to my 3 year old she looked at it lovingly and said “awww, baby yodaaaaah,” in a voice like a baby version of an old lady, hand to chest, crooning, “Little lamb, so sweet.”

Thank you so much, Abbie! They’re already on the tree. :evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like them! I had some trouble with the circle on the ball ornament, obviously, lol. I made a Grogu for my house as well! Love the reaction from little bee! :heart:

4 Likes

I like that ball ornament!!

2 Likes

Those Star Wars / Mandalorian ornaments are both epic!

3 Likes

Received a wonderful crocheted star from @AuFish!

I love the swirly design, the colorful little jingle bells, and the big poufy tassel at the bottom. She also sent a bunch of beautiful origami stars in a sweet tin.

Thanks so much! I absolutely LOVE everything!

8 Likes

I’m so glad it arrived! Growing up, these stars were everywhere when I was a kid and living near Mexico. Always in the brightest colors with 6 points and usually 5 tassels.

5 Likes

Good gracious, that is beautiful!

1 Like

Just received the most charming swap package from @Lynx!

It is a painted plaster cupcake ornament for my sweets theme, which came wrapped in the sweetest vintage hankie!

And the card that came with it is one of my favorites ever! Cute little birds superimposed on a folk song about birds. I totally LOVE everything; thanks so much!

And thanks for organizing as well; I so love the ornament swap!

4 Likes