Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

What a great week for mail! Wonderful ornaments!

2 Likes

Look at what just arrived from @edel!!

The envelope had about a 3” rip down the side so I’m not sure if anything fell out. But I LOVE my ornament! It’s one of my favorite quotes from the movie and I randomly say it to my husband sometimes and he looks at me like I’m crazy :joy:

I was so excited to post that I accidentally posted in last years thread at first :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Well, I didn’t notice it was last year’s thread and replied over there, but will repeat here:

What a fun ornament, and what a gorgeous card! Gotta love any ornament that has a narwhal on it…

2 Likes

Aw no… There were two ornaments in there. Another once much the same as that, with another quote from Elf.

I’m really glad that you got one. I’m so bummed, I used a strong envelope with tape. Someone must have chewed it along the way.

Double bummed, I don’t have a photo of what I sent you. I can remake the second one, and am happy to, but at this rate of postage, it will arrive for Easter. I mailed that about the 15 October. That was a whole month and a half !!!

Makes me really worried about @AIMR one. Although she and I had a slightly larger swap as it included some personal swap items, so hopefully it will survive and arrive!

2 Likes

I swear I think the disgruntled USPS workers are opening mail at this point. When I got my mail this morning I had some ATCoins from that swap that had arrived. The envelope had been taped with two good long pieces of scotch tape, and a sticker in between, and someone had sliced cleanly through the tape to open the envie, possibly thinking the thicker coins (packaged nicely as they were) were some kind of gift card. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Bummer, I was afraid that was the case. I’m really happy one of them arrived at least! Please don’t feel like you have to remake anything, but I wouldn’t turn you down if you wanted to of course :slight_smile:

I currently have all of my ornaments from this swap on the part of the tree that I can see all day while I’m working and I keep looking over and smiling :slight_smile: My only regret is that I didn’t have time to make more claims!

3 Likes

Swap Housekeeping

Please forgive me if you have messaged me and I failed to update. I am only checking my dm messages when I am on my computer so I can immediately update my spreadsheet, but mistakes can happen…so, please let me know the statuses on these:

@lifeinpigtails to @endymion for star due Oct 21. Was this received?

@aimr to @endymion for international style due Oct 23. Was this sent or received?

@edel to @aimr for starry/gnomey/flamingoey due Oct 24. Was this received?

@lifeinpigtails to @AntBee for Star Wars due Oct 25th. Was this received?

@lifeinpigtails to @Cyn-energy for Christmas Tree due Oct 30. Was this received?

@lifeinpigtails to @Camelama for surprise due Nov 4. Was this received?

The other few claims still need time to reach their destinations. Please let me know the status of these! Thanks for everyone’s patience and help!

1 Like

I regret to say that I did not receive a Christmas Tree. :cry:

1 Like

I have not received an ornament from lifeinpigtails.

1 Like

And my ornament to @AIMR still hasn’t arrived, but it was mailed a couple of weeks after the one to @photojenn and that’s just arrived. So fingers crossed

4 Likes

@Cyn-energy @Camelama and @edel Thanks.

2 Likes

I have not received the star wars one from lifeinpigtails yet.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve gotten either of those, @Lynx. (But having a little trouble keeping it all straight; I made way too many claims, so I got a bunch of ornaments! Please correct me if I’m wrong!)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I have been remiss in posting my ornament from @Cindy ! Work has had me insanely busy (turns out we broke historic volume records in November!). So here, in a brief glorious sun beam, is my lovely snowflake! I think this may have to stay out year-round, it is so nice.

Thank you Cindy!!

5 Likes

That snowflake is actually from me :smiley:

2 Likes

Whoops, so sorry! wrong “cyn”-sounding name! I keep getting you two mixed up!

1 Like

Beautiful crochet work, @Cindy!

1 Like

Lovely lacework snowflake!

1 Like

I’m still keeping all my fingers crossed for @AIMR package.

In the meantime, the lovely flamingo ornaments are on my Uber kitschy pink tree. I love it it makes me so happy. The tree skirt was a shawl I was crocheting, but I wasn’t loving the pattern. So I’m a mad moment of inspiration, I added a load of tassels for more pink!

A friend is making me a flamingo fairy as a tree Topper.

8 Likes