Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

Oops, I forgot I signed up for this. Going to check the list now.

We spent Saturday under our house insulating (no basement, it’s built on metal piles) The ground under the house is slightly sloped, in the lowest part I had enough room to lay on my back with three finger widths between my forehead and the floor joist.

2 Likes

Just made my first claim! I’m so excited, I love Christmas ornaments!

I just claimed you, @photojenn ! I sent out to @edel so I am ready to make some more ornaments!

@Cindy --ugh…I had to crawl under our trailer when we first got married and reconnect the sewage pipe…and yeah, it was nasty under there…

2 Likes

Yeah, crawl spaces are the stuff of nightmares for me! I’m so excited to see more people join; this swap is so fun!

Just claimed @photojenn — I love to see everyone’s themes, and they are all so inspiring!

3 Likes

Oh man! We had a crawl space under my childhood home. My sister and I decided a ghost lived there, and his name was George, and for some reason he ate the crushed-brick rocks our driveway was made of. Periodically, when our driveway gravel started to thin a little too much, my dad would have to go down there and clean out the piles of rocks we’d thrown in to keep George satiated…

I started my ornament for Endymion, and I’m super excited about it! But I realized after getting all hyped up that I’m out of one key ingredient, and darned if I didn’t have to pause mid-momentum so I could go shopping!

3 Likes

I have my ornament done and hope to get it mailed out tomorrow.

Not aiming for it, but accidentally made a guinea chick while waiting for @Lynx bird ornament to dry.

3 Likes

I haven’t started my claim yet; trying to decide what fabric(s) I want to use for hearts.

My first one is on the wing!

2 Likes

I was a bit stumped, but had an inspiration (ok DD suggested it) so I’ve things prepped and waiting to dry.

Got the craft supply I was waiting for, to do @aufish’s ornament! And already mailed the one for @photojenn. So I made a third claim, for @Edel. I can see this swap will be just as inspirational and addictive as it was last year!

5 Likes

Oooohhh. Thank you :grin:

1 Like

Does anyone else get so excited about making an ornament that they forget until halfway through that they need a hanging loop?

7 Likes

Happy to join, although I’ll be sticking with flat ornies since the post office’s new rates are ASTRONOMICAL!

3 Likes

You’re right about postal rates; they are crazy!

Finished an ornament for @AuFish…on to the next…

Or all the way through. I just finished my first ornament except the loop and now I have to figure out where it should go. :joy:

4 Likes

All. The. Time.

So many times I have had to sew a loop onto, say, the mattress stitch around the edge of the felt ornament, because I forgot to include it in the construction process.

2 Likes

Finished my ornie for @AIMR - mailing it out this weekend! I wanted to keep it for myself. I may just have to make one for me!

3 Likes

lol I did that last year…one for someone, one for me! lol

1 Like

I’m sticking to mostly flat ornaments here. But hopefully ones that the receiver will love

4 Likes