Ongoing Ornament Swap 2021 Discussion and Gallery

I’m hoping to work on my first ornament this weekend…we’ll I’ll have to, my due date is coming up! :slight_smile:

Reminder: When you pm me about sending, please include the recipient, due date, and ornament claimed, and when you pm me about receiving, please include who sent to you and what ornament they sent. My life is crazy busy right now and when we start getting multiple claims for the same theme etc, this’ll really help. Thanks!

6 Likes

Oops, sorry that was me. Day 4 of a bad cluster of migraines, and my short term memory is shot. I will make myself a template. :smiley: My mind is a steel trap that has rusted partway open. :laughing:

1 Like

There were several that way, but no worries! If you’re not used to ongoing swap style swaps, it takes a while to remember (and sometimes even if you do ongoing swaps on the regular, too.) No worries!

3 Likes

We need to get more people to join! I am unable to resist making more claims! Whee!

3 Likes

Found my supplies in storage yesterday so I’ll get them made and mailed this week.

3 Likes

I received this great Tetris themed ornament from @endymion! I love the little square sequins, I didn’t even know those existed!

10 Likes

I’ve got one ornament drying and am working on another this afternoon. Hoping to get all of my claims out this week.

That’s really cool!

I’ve got the one for @Lynx packaged ready to mail out on Tues. And will have the one for @photojenn ready to go then too.

1 Like

That’s so cool!

I received from @AntBee !

She sent me a lovely snowflake that has sparkly silver thread in it. So pretty! And that card is so perfect - i worry about my 20 pound cat and my tree! Ever since I adopted these two kitties (20 & 6 pounds) I have only had tiny trees that they have ignored for the most part. I might try a full-size tree this year!

10 Likes

The snowflake is very pretty!

1 Like

That Snowflake is fabulous!

1 Like

Thanks! So glad you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I don’t have a tree this year it is going in the window!

1 Like

@photojenn I love that the pieces spell out “joy” too! Such a fun touch.

@Camelama So beautiful and intricate!

2 Likes

I hadn’t even noticed that! Impressive!

2 Likes

She also used the right colors for all of the pieces which I thought was another great detail!

1 Like

Thanks! It took me a while to figure out how to arrange the pieces. I didn’t want any of the rows to be totally full (because then the whole line should disappear, right?)
I loved finding a good use for my square sequins! Glad you like it!

3 Likes

How clever is that sequined ornament! I also did not know there were square sequins!

Love ALL snowflake ornaments…so pretty to have all year round!