Ongoing Ornament Swap 2023 Discussion and Gallery

Also…a question. I didn’t see anyone mentioning specific styles of crafting they like or don’t like or wouldn’t want to receive… I’m planning on doing a lot of mine out of fabric. Is that okay?

6 Likes

Yes! More than okay. It is senders choice the medium you use when you claim, unless the person specifically requests something.

4 Likes

Oh yes, that’s what I usually do and I’ve received many wonderful fabric ornaments.

4 Likes

Yes, fabric ones are always appreciated!

@Cindy, I’m so inspired by your list, but I have already claimed my max number. Bummer! I hope to catch everyone eventually. (As long as my time & energy and hands hold out!)

9 Likes

You can message your partner with questions. I’ve asked mine about colors, and changed my plans accordingly.

5 Likes

Working on one idea tonight. I tried 3D, but flat is turning out much better.

5 Likes

Big strides today, both are emphatically 3D.
I might have to sneak some orange in somewhere…

5 Likes

Partway through both claims. Hoping they turn out well.

3 Likes

I’m 80% complete on one ornament, 100% on another, and I’ve gutted an existing ornament as a shell for my third :rofl:.

5 Likes

I started @Lynx’s, but am waiting on a supply I ordered before I’ll be able to finish it.

I made one for @steiconi… and then took it apart because it didn’t meet my standards. Starting over on that one!

For @Tapestry, I am juggling a couple of different options. The one I really want to do is probably too complicated!

2 Likes

I feel that way about ornament #3 but can’t seem to let my original idea go.

I’m trying to figure out how to paint a bunch of tiny Styrofoam pellets and pretty sure it’s a comedy routine in the making…spray paint seems like the logical solution…but also a really bad idea :rofl:.

4 Likes

At least some spray paint can melt styrofoam, in case things haven’t changed. Oh the horror of a partially melted hat display! Maybe the shaker method? Like shake n bake chicken.

If you’re able to paint without melting them, could you put them on toothpicks or skewers?

1 Like

Doing a supply run tonight or tomorrow morning, then all weekend is crafting!

3 Likes

After changing “The Plans” several times, I’m closing in on completion!
Snuck some orange into one…

4 Likes

They are TINY and I need a lot of them, but definitely mentally bookmarking that idea for future use!

@AuFish - I hadn’t rhought of that! I’ll try to shake & bake it :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes

I had no idea this would be so fun! I finished the two* so I claimed a third.

• I have to photograph and pack them, hopefully get them in the mail tomorrow. Then I can claim two more, maybe…
4 Likes

Yay! Glad you are having fun!

1 Like

I have thoughts and plans but came down with a summer cold that’s keeping me mostly in bed sleeping.

6 Likes

Aw, sorry you’re not well. Hope you feel better soon!

1 Like