Ongoing Ornament Swap 2023 Discussion and Gallery

Me: I will only use my existing stash for ornaments. No store runs.
Also me: But I NEED pink feathers. And one of those peekaboo ornaments. And my craft room ate them if I have them. Craft store?

Must. Be. Strong.

5 Likes

Hahaha! I said exactly the same thing… and then promptly ordered something that was “more perfect” than the one I had on hand. I’m hopeless!
:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I know what you claimed me for so I agree, you NEED pink feathers :smiley:

2 Likes

I mean…I didn’t order the $120 Never Knead polymer clay tool I desperately want. I should totally get credit for that and get to splurge a TEENY bit on craft supplies…

2 Likes

Heh, but what of they’re for a different ornament. You never know :wink:.

2 Likes

I’d say, the other person deserves pink feathers too, so you NEED them :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t worry, my will is weak. I’m totally hitting up the craft store. :rofl:

2 Likes

So glad to get to sign up this year!

3 Likes

Yes, stash only!

…because the craft store didn’t have the stuff I wanted…

2 Likes

First attempt tonight: oh no way can i send that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But i know what went wrong, so another attempt tomorrow & i hope it’s done!

4 Likes

Michael’s and Joanne’s both betrayed me yesterday by not having the supplies I needed. The nerve! :rofl:

I finished one ornament but want to finish the other 2 before mailing so I can limit my post office trips.

6 Likes

Dollar tree only had plastic champagne glasses, which are too shallow for domes.

Do I go with another idea, or search for plastic wine glasses elsewhere? Or break the stems off glass ones…?

3 Likes

I bypassed the perfect ornament shell today…because it was glass. I figure no matter how carefully I wrap it, USPS can still smash it.

2 Likes

Hobby Lobby came through where Michaels and Jo-ann’s fell short. I now have VERY pink feathers. And I only came home with one extra item I hadn’t planned on but absolutely need for future ornaments I haven’t signed up for or metally designed or planned in the slightest :rofl:.

5 Likes

Yeah, usps broke both toasting glasses from our wedding. I was able to use one as a dome for a mini christmas tree.

2 Likes

Do party stores sell plastic wine glasses? Not sure how many you’d have to buy, though…

Maybe you could wander over to the Use It Or Lose It topic and see if someone has one or two they could send your way…?

Or maybe you could ask an event space or restaurant if you could “rescue” a used one from the waste bin?

3 Likes

I had no idea that was a thing! After Shop The Swap closes I’m absolutely listing some supplies.

3 Likes

Ooh, don’t go that far. (Yes, I know you were joking…I hope :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I have done it, but don’t have any wine glasses on hand. Might as well buy plastic.

I’m so excited to join this swap! Seems like a great way to work on little projects; and to challenge myself to just (primarily??) use my stash! I’ve become less of a crafter and more of a craft supply enthusiast in recent years. :sweat_smile: I’d like to change that.

9 Likes