Ongoing Ornament Swap 2023 Discussion and Gallery

Here’s our discussion thread for the 2023 Ongoing Ornament Swap. Click here to sign up!

Feel free to send in your sign up today (8/27). I’ll start adding people tomorrow evening after work and dinner.

5 Likes

Well, you KNEW that I’d be one of the first in line for this! So eager to begin the fun. Already sent in my Q.

2 Likes

I started pinning ornaments a few months ago, hoping we would do this again.

3 Likes

So you claim a partner based on their list of themes, then create an ornament to suit any of the themes, right?

And you post your own list, and a some other person may (or may not) claim you?
Or does the person you claimed make an ornament for you?

I like to know the rules so I can bend them…

2 Likes

You can only claim (choose from) the current person on the swap thread, you pick one of their themes and make an ornament based on that.

Then you post what country you live in and your 5-10 themes. The next person to make a claim has to pick from your list.

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining!

I wondered if some people would not get chosen at all, but this prevents that.

3 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire, this is one of my favourite swaps!

3 Likes

Wooohooo! Will be sending in my questionnaire shortly. I love this swap.

1 Like

Woo! My favorite swap! Working on my questionnaire!

3 Likes

I already have ideas for this swap and can’t wait to get started. I prepped my wishlist last night :blush:.

1 Like

Looks interesting! But first I’m going to wait and see if my current Happy mail and swap items are going to arrive safely. Last year was quite stressful with mail going missing.

4 Likes

@immaculata I actually just received happy mail from you today, so thank you! Maybe consider joining and sending flat items so if they do go missing (I hope not!), they are not as expensive to resend.

@steiconi, yes, @cindy is right. This works just like the ongoing atc swaps and the ongoing wish swap. The very last person in this swap that claims will be claimed by me and that will complete the circle so, yep, everyone gets chosen. How many times you get chosen depends on how many times you claim. So glad to have you!

I’ve added everyone to the swap who has signed up so far, so please start claiming away!

4 Likes

Oh yes, as long as I am able, this will be an annual thing, even if this maintains being the only swap I host on this site.

4 Likes

Please remember to add the SEND BY DATE when you make your claim. It’s super important to help me keep track of all the claims.

2 Likes

Bwahahaha! I wanted to claim lynx but endymion beat me to it, but second time around I am triumphant! I already have ideas for both ornaments I’m excited about.

3 Likes

@tapestry Hahahaha, that’s awesome!

I’m gonna be online for a little while longer, then I’ll be back on tomorrow evening to add any new swappers and claims.

2 Likes

I have my first ornament planned and started, and lots of ideas for my second claim!

4 Likes

Started ornament number one! I’m about 60% through. My fingers are smeared with gold paint and I’m hunting through my stash for the perfect ribbon.

2 Likes

Woo! Crafting has begun!

I got all my supplies together & will be crafting tomorrow after work!

2 Likes

I lurked through pinterest and have a few ideas to explore. Tomorrow and Wed are busy, Thursday will be my starting craft day.

3 Likes